Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Limiting your colour palette


Hey everyone! Jessie here to share a little fall inspiration with you all today!

Fall is my favorite season, even if it is snowing where I am in the world. I love the oranges and green and purples and reds and all the fall colours! Truthfully I love all the colours always!


This sweet image of Pumpkins and Pears is a brand new digital download! I loved painting this up. I played with just some oranges and greens adding in a light pop of purple for the flowers, just for some contrast. 

I love working with limited colour palettes in watercolour, picking out 3-5 colours and mixing and working with them for an entire painting. It is amazing how cohesive, and different a painting can be even with just a few different colours. It also make you work a little harder to get the difference in colours, and depths of colours with that limited palette, It really does help you understand your tools. 

Try it! Pull out a few colours and paint an entire card front with it. It may sound scary not to be able to reach for every colour you own. But it will be great!

Thanks for stopping by,
Hugz

1 comment:

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Awesome colouring Jessie and that with a few colours!
Thank you so much for your awesome inspiration.
Have a great week.