Tuesday

Can’t stop, won’t stop ... gushing about Daffodils

Daffodils are blooming all over St. Louis, and even though I am overwhelmed with deadlines for this, that, and about fifteen other things, I WILL TAKE TIME TO GUSH ABOUT THE DAFFODILS. And smell them. Admire them. I will study them. I will hold them by their straight stems and stare deeply into their coronas. I will snip several of them, carry ’em into the house, and then do these things all over again, as they look a little different when they are in the house - brighter and poppier and possibly even more beautiful. Here is a bouquet I trimmed last spring in the rain, and then enjoyed for days inside.


Try it sometime. Cut those flowers. Bring them inside or to work with you. Watch and marvel as your day edges up a notch in awesomeness. Or better yet, bring them to a neighbor’s house, and let them enjoy the glow of nature.

After the daffodils are finished, or heck, even while they are blooming, wouldn’t it be wonderful to capture the beauty of a mix of them, and keep it in your cards and creations for days, weeks, years? And to share that joy with your neighbors, friends, and family?

Let’s do this!!! Presenting my newest set in clear: Daffodils!

http://powerpoppy.com/products/daffodils

This set takes the highly popular (I would say I can’t keep it on the shelves, but it’s a digital image, so....) Dancing with Daffodils, presented in clear polymer. And then, a SECOND focal image that I worked and reworked, then reworked some more to get the right balance of daffodils, jonquils, and companion flowers — after erasing and retooling, I finally went with Grape Hyacinth (Muscari armeniacum). With these images I’ve given you some sentiments for those times when somebody needs a hug, and to know that you are there for them. Daffodils in clear is going to be one of those sets you just want to have in your arsenal. I can feel it. ;)

The Bloom Brigade, honestly, has outdone themselves on this one. I feel like I say that each time in some fashion, but people, how do they continue to up the ante on how cool a card can be? GO SEE WHAT I MEAN!!


TOMORROW..... everything is available in the Power Poppy Shop - AND - we’re having a massive blog hop with the entire team. What a wonderful April it will be, with all three of the Scents & Sensibility sets to color! I will try to get in on some of the coloring fun in between mulching sessions!

6 comments:

Crestajune said...

You're right! I am definitely going to need this one too!
Daffodils are some of my favorite flowers... they add so much sunshine to my garden. This year I was surprised by several new varieties that I planted last fall and then forgot about! They are so beautiful!
I just love this whole Scents and Sensibility release! Can't wait till tomorrow! ♥

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Marcy, your bouquet in the pitcher is gorgeous, and yes, these are so beautiful! I've always loved daffodils since I was a child, and I know these are going to be such fun to color...and use with the wonderful sentiments! The Bloom Brigade once again (no surprise) wowed us with their beautiful work and inspiration! Looking forward to tomorrow's hop and then actually ordering these beautiful new sets! Yes, the daffodils at this time of year are perfect! Hugs and many thanks for your beautiful artistry!

D.Ann C said...

Those daffly-dills as my family calls them are just gorgeous... in real life and in your stamp!!

Patti Willey said...

What a green thumb you have! Love your daffys and glad there is grape hyacynth in this adorable bouquet! Lets here it for Spring!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I just may have to make my very 1st digital stamp purchase.....I have always been afraid to do so because of my printer's ink! Your daffodils are beautiful! Mine are finally starting to reach for the sun, now that the snowbanks have almost melted! Happy Spring!

Marcella Hawley said...

Hi Donna! Exciting to hear that your daffodils are starting to make themselves known! :) I hope you'll try one of our digital sets, but I thought I should clarify that the Daffodils set we're describing here has two large botanical images of daffodils (and one is the digi we recently released). So, you can go polymer if you're interested in that. Happy Spring to you, too!