Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Inktense Pencils



Howdy all... and Happy Monday to all those out there in Blogland.  It's Inspire Me Monday and I'm your hostess Allison Cope!

Today on the Power Poppy Blog we're going to talk a little bit about Inktense pencils and creating cards with large sentiments.  I'm going to pull out my "Happy Crabapples" and "Potted Primroses" stamp sets and we're going to do a little stamping and coloring together.



So here is a peek at the card I'm going to share the coloring process with you today. 


So grab a good cup of something tasty and join me at my stamp table...


For my final card, I added some clear Wink of Stella pen and some White Jellyroll Pen details to my crabapples and blossoms...
Inktense Pencils: Sun Yellow, Sherbet Lime, Apple Green, Tangerine, Poppy Red, Cherry, Shiraz, Bark

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today!  I hope you enjoyed my video tutorial and give this medium a whirl!  Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian peeps out there!

~ Ally ~

Supplies:
Stamps:  Power Poppy (Happy Crabapples, Potted Primroses)
Cardstock: Canston (90# Watercolor Paper), Recollections 110# White cardstock
Patterned Paper:  Fresh Squeezed Chevron 6x6 (My Favorite Things)
Inks:  Jet Black (StazOn), Inktense Pencils, Wink of Stella (clear), Jellyroll White Pen 
Dies:  Stitched Rectangles (Lawn Fawn), Stitched Basic Edges (My Favorite Things)
Lace:  Misc..

4 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very nice tutorial. I liked how you were able to add colors to the background to make it work.

CherylQuilts said...

Ally, what a great tutorial, and I really love the card (and the great layout with the lace). I too loved what you did with the background, and I'm inspired! BTW, I loved listening to you and loved the music you had in the background (so relaxing that I felt almost hypnotized by it all...hehe!). Thanks for sharing with is today, and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hugs!

lisa808 said...

Thanks for the informative video tutorial. Gorgeous card!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautifully done, loved watching the process!