Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Fun with Masks!

Hello everyone!  Allison here!  Let’s get started on another fun episode of Inspire Me Monday for Power Poppy!

Today we’re going to be having some fun using some of our new stamp sets and their amazing new coordinating dies.  If you are not already aware, we have four of our 8 new stamp sets that have coordinating dies to go with these sets.  These stamps include the Natural Beauties (& their dies), Loving Tulips (& their dies), Peony Muse (& their dies) and finally, Succulent Singles (& their dies).

So join me in my craftroom and let’s go play with some stamps and dies!  Let’s get inky!

And once again, here is the final card I created using the panel we made.

To achieve the look of my final card, I die cut a rectangle from the center of the panel, attached a black cardstock mat and adhered with some foam adhesive to bump up that central panel.  I also included a fun white embossed sentiment from the same Succulent Singles stamp set.

I decided to share one more fun card using the same die cutting and masking technique.  This time, I used the beautiful Peony Muse stamp set and dies to stamp, mask and ink.  I decided to go a little darker with my color palette and used some fun Ranger Distress Oxides to create that dappled & speckled back ground.

I used my water mister and some white acrylic paint to get the cool back ground before I removed my masks.  And as one final touch, I added some rhinestones and some sparkle to all the berries and blooms…

Thanks for joining me too!  I hope you too give this tutorial a try.  I know you'll love the process and the end result!

Have fun creating!

~ Allison Cope ~


Supplies:

Cool Chick
stamps:  Power Poppy (Succulent Singles)
dies:  Power Poppy (Succulent Singles Coordinating Dies), Simon Says Stamp (Stitched Rectangles)
ink: Catherine Pooler Designs (Garden Party, Bellini, Sweet Sixteen, It’s a Girl, Mint to Be), Versafine (Onyx Black), Versamark, Copic Multi-liner (0.05)
cardstock:  Catherine Pooler Designs (Smooth 100# White), Recollections (Black, White – card base)
embossing powder: Stampendous! (Detail White)
sequins: Studio Katia (Summer Fusion)
tools: Inadinkadoo (Stamp Masking Paper)

Love and Light
stamps:  Power Poppy (Peony Muse)
dies:  Power Poppy (Peony Muse Coordinating Dies), My Favorite Things (Stitched Ovals Stax)
ink: Ranger Distress Oxide Ink (Faded Jeans, Broken China, Wilted Violet, Worn Lipstick), Versafine (Onyx Black), Sakura (White Gel Pen), Wink of Stella (Clear)
cardstock:  Catherine Pooler Designs (Smooth 100# White), Recollections (White – card case)
rhinestones: Studio Katia (Sparkling Crytsals - Mix)
tools: Inadinkadoo (Stamp Masking Paper)
paint: Delta (White Acrylic)

4 comments:

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Allison. Love this technique.

Camille Short said...

Love the masked look - beautiful cards.

Littlelamb said...

This is a beautiful card. Thank you for the excellent video.

Linda Pekrul said...

Fabulous cards my friend! I'm so lucky that I get to see them in REAL life... they are incredible!!