Tuesday

Hues with Holiday Cheer!


Hello peeps! Goodness, with our 12 Days of Christmas extravaganza, Hues to Use has taken a little break. But today, it is back with a little holiday flair, just for those peeps who need to pop a few last minute Christmas wishes into the mail! I, my friends, am one of those peeps! Every year, it seems like my mailing gets later and later and every year, I address those envelopes only to fall just a wee bit short. So, this color challenge was perfect for me! 

Now, to our inspiration! 


Check out this beautiful scene straight from Marcella's living space last year! Those bottle brush trees! That beautifully decked tree! That ambient candlelight! It all adds up to one gorgeous space that just deserves to be savored and cherished! So take a gander, and then let these cheery hues help you finish up a card or two. Or, maybe you want to deck your table or craft a little handmade box? Be sure to check out the 12 Days of Christmas HERE and let that holiday mojo flow. Only a few days folks -- so soak up that cheer!

On to my creation!

If you are looking for a digital bargain, look no further than Candy Cane Classic. This digi stamp made a comeback this Christmas! This trio of candy canes and holly berries adorned with a swirling ribbon bow makes the perfect accent on cards and tags! And, it's available for only a dollar between now and December 31st! Grab it now before it's gone!

This card was easy peasy to put together. I actually used some die cut shapes that I had lying around. Isn't it wonderful when the things you need are 1. in the right color and 2. perfect for your layout! It was like an early Christmas gift! ;-)  I even had the candy cane digi printed and cut out already! I was testing some images when the amazing Nancy did this tutorial way back when. If you have a Silhouette, you REALLY need to give her tutorial a try. It's a super time saver for fussy cutting digis! You can check it out HERE! 

I only used a few colors to color up this cute little candy cane! I used R32, R35, R39, YG03, YG67, YG00, G20. Then, I accented not only with white gel pen but also check out this glitter! I wanted this little candy cane to sparkle just like it had been freshly kissed by the sugar plum fairy herself!


And, here's a peek at the inside! Not too decked out, just a little extra pop of color with a sentiment from Spice it Up! 


Okay fine stamping friends, now it's your turn to take this color trio for a ride! Have all your cards created this year? Well, what about a few Christmas Thank Yous? Or, last minute gift tags? We know you've got it in you! ;-) Once you're done with your creation, make sure you link it up below! As we always say, our link list is where we find our future guest designers! We have taken a bit of a break from guests over the holidays but will be sending out a fresh crop of invitations to get us off to a creative start in 2018! So, look for some new faces to share in the coming year!

And on that note, I bid you farewell! May this holiday week bless you abundantly and bring you nothing but wonderful times with friends and family!

Merry Christmas!
~Julie



1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful card, Julie, and I love the Hues to Use! I am so behind and realized that I missed this wonderful color challenge! Beautifully done, and woohoo on the Silhouette!! Hugs!