Monday

Inspire Me Monday ~ Making a Masculine Card

Howdy all and Happy Monday!  I hope you had an amazing weekend.  I'm Allison Cope and I will be your hostess this week for Inspire Me Monday!

With Father’s Day fast approaching I thought I would share my entire card making process from beginning to end.  I’ll share my sources of inspiration with you and how I create each piece of my simple masculine card with you.

So grab a cup of joe and meet me in my craftroom…

Today I used the amazing detailed “Wild Mushrooms” stamp set and it’s coordinating die, here.  Plus I used the new 6x6 glorious “Big Sexy Leaves” and the script-licious “M-Powering Words” stamp sets too.  All three of these stamp sets are brand new and are in the Power Poppy Shop ready for you to purchase.  I also included a wonderful stamp set called “Natural Beauties” from one of our previous releases.

Here’s a close up of the final card creation I have made…




And here is a list of all of my Copic Markers that were used as promised…


And finally, a peak again on the inside of my card today…




Don’t forget to join the Bloomies this month for our fun Power & Spark Challenge.  You can find all the fun details HERE plus you could win a $50 shopping spree in the Power Poppy Shop!  WOOHOO!



Thanks for joining me today! I hope you have an amazing and creative week!

~ Allison Cope ~


stamps: Power Poppy (Wild Mushrooms, Big Sexy Leaves, M-Powering Words, Natural Beauties)
cardstock: Bee Paper Company (Artist Marker Paper), Recollections (White #110), Avery Elle (Kraft Woodgrain)
inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Catherine Pooler Designs (Stone Blue, Juniper Mist), Ranger Distress Oxides (Faded Jeans), Copic Markers
washi tape: Recollections (Pink Flamingos & Gold)
dies: Power Poppy (Wild Mushrooms Dies)
corner rounder: EK Success

8 comments:

Lisa K said...

Enjoyed your video! Masculine always seem a bit harder. You made it look quite easy. Thanks!

Marcella Hawley said...

Seriously, this is off-the-charts cool. In fact, your work is so often off the charts in my book, I don't even know why we keep the charts anyway. You can't stay on them, you're too creative!!! There are so many interesting parts to this card, I hardly know where to begin. But here... how about the woodgrain texture. I have been hunting mushrooms for a few months now, and it's all about finding that rustic, decomposing wood where the mushrooms come to life. So, perfect suggestion for folks on a masculine card! And two: Using the Big Sexy Leaves IN BLUE is brilliant - it looks amazing and the way you colored the mushrooms to work with all that blue... I'm LOVING!!! And that bright blue sentiment inside - SO HAPPY! SO FULL OF LIFE! The tiny mushroom pattern you made - I squeal! The days of the week strip - just too too too clever, I love it so much. Whoever gets this card is going to feel like a million bucks. THANK YOU for sharing, you chart-crusher! ❤️

Patti Willey said...

Hi Ally! Loved your Masculine Card! My boys (son Levi & Husband Mike just love blue and I'm happy to see you make this Masculine card in blue! I enjoyed your video everything came together so well! That CP Ink looks to stamp really good and I love the size of the pad! Thanks for sharing girlie!

Allison Cope said...

I find that too Lisa! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card and video. Happy creating!

Allison Cope said...

Awww... thanks boss! I had a ball using all the different stamp sets on this one. I love the blue Big Sexy Leaves too. Thanks for all your gushing... LOL!

Allison Cope said...

Thanks so much Patti! I'm sure your boys would love a blue leafy card! :) Thanks for your lovely comment!

Nana Donna said...

Love your mushroom card and your coloring is fabulous

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Ally, I agree completely with Marcy! You are amazing, and you really are the most creative person I know! And I LOVE your work and cards...and how you think outside the box (well, outside the atmosphere???)! What a fabulous masculine card, and I love watching you work and hearing you talk about creating your cards! THANK YOU, sweet friend! You've inspired me today...and I sure needed it!! ((HUGS)) xoxo