Tuesday

Mystery Hues!

Hello you creative coloristas! Today's Hues to Use feature a fun little twist for you all! How so? Well, stick around and you'll see that you have almost a full rainbow of colors to capture this week!

Let's get right to the action!


A few months ago, Marcy put this little photo up on Instagram and said, "Let's play the guess what this is game!" It didn't take long for someone to chime in and say... "a paperweight?" And yes indeed, that's what it is! So, I thought with all those colors packed inside for a major punch, why not have a Hues to Use that offers YOU a chance to pick three colors!

HOW TO PLAY: All you need to do is look at the photo above, choose three hues and use them on your next card or creation. Just that simple! When you do create, just link up your project below so that we can all see! I can't wait to see just how many different variations we can come up with!

And we have the distinct honor of having another amazing card maker here today to serve as our guest hostess of this color-coded challenge! So, let's meet her!



"Hi there! My name is Linda, and I live in Alberta, Canada… a province full of beautiful parks, stunning mountains, and golden prairies. My province is called Sunny Alberta because it has more hours of sunshine a year than any other province in Canada! All that sun gives us beautiful flowers in the summer. I have been an avid gardener all my life and that’s why I’m drawn to Marcella’s images … there is no better way to spend an afternoon than playing with colour and re-creating the beauty of nature on paper and then giving it as a gift to someone special!

LINDA'S CREATION


Now, a little bit about the process I used for the card! When I start a project for a challenge like “Hues to Use”, I look at my digital images and pick one that would look good with the chosen colours. Then I go to my stash of patterned paper and pull out colours in those same hues. Finally, I sit down with my Copic markers and pick out ones that go well with the paper. (Yes, I’m a “matchy/matchy person!) I felt Julie’s colours this week, leant themselves well to an outdoor scene, and with Father’s Day happening this month, the digital stamp set “Leaping Trout” came to mind instantly. I also love the Wreath: Birch and Evergreens set and thought it would frame that beautiful trout perfectly! The patterned paper collection that I used is an old one called “Strong” by Authentique. 


Thanks Jule for the opportunity!


Well, thank YOU Linda for blessing us with your talents this week! Don't you all love how Linda used what was presented as a Christmas wreath as a frame for her masculine image? I think this is so creative and dare I say, perfect! I love the way she colored both up and the layout of the card just makes everything POP with interest and fun factor! I actually smacked my hand to my head saying, Why didn't I think to use that frame in other ways? Thanks Linda for the great idea!

We hope you take a stab at this Mystery Hues challenge and join us this week! We can't wait to see what you craft up. Don't forget to link up your creation so we can all see. It also gives you a chance to host this post in the future as a guest! (Did you know you get a freebie digi set to work with when you host?)

Thanks so much for joining us this Tuesday! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend creative peeps and we'll see you back here real soon!


~Julie





6 comments:

Marcella Hawley said...

Lindaaaaa!!! I AM DYING! This is the coolest card, WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA to pair up that birch frame with the fishing image. And goodness, this is the most elaborate card design, I am floored! Everything works together so beautifully — I am honored that we can show off your card on the blog here today! THANK YOU! ~marcy

Marcella Hawley said...

And Jules, this is such a fun and funny idea for a color challenge!! Love how your mind works!

Camille Short said...

I wish I could look at a smattering of colors and be inspired as you are! Love the card, Linda!

Allison Cope said...

Awwww.... so good to see a familiar face here! Hey Linda!!! Your take on the photo inspiration is fabulous. Love the use of the birch frame. That's one handsome card girlie!! <3

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my gosh, your card is amazing! and thank you for introducing me to a new digital image - that gorgeous birch frame!!! I am going to have to add that one to my list of 'must haves' for certain! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Linda, congratulations on being the guest designer for the Hues to Use and WOW! What an amazing card you've made using the wonderful birch and evergreen wreath! You are so clever and creative, and Marcy is absolutely right that you are awesome in how you paired these two digis together! What a beautiful and handsome creation for Father's Day, and your coloring is exquisite! You have certainly wowed us all! I love it, and it's so wonderful to hear how you approach your cards. I love matching myself a lot! Thank you and again congratulations!! Hugs!