Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Fab Finds!



Hi all and welcome to this week's Creative Confetti -- when we throw up a challenge, let those beautiful pieces of inspiration fall and see how you pick them up in your card or project! 

This week's challenge came as I was flipping through my mail. You could say this challenge is ripped from the pages of a Pier 1 catalog! ;-) Let's get to it! 


HOW TO PLAY: Simply look through your magazines, catalogs or circulars and find something that inspires! It might be the elements used. It might be the colors. It might be the bold text. Just let those creative juices flow!

So, back to my inspiration.....


What I absolutely loved about this was the pop of pink/coral and blue with splashes of gold and accents of watercolor. I honestly might need the sign that says, "More issues than Vogue" -- kind of suits me right now! ;-)

And this is what I came up with. I used Power Poppy's Vibrant Thanks stamp set and mixed it up with some fun watercolor effect decorative paper that had some gold embossed elements. While my colors aren't exact, I thought it was close enough!


For the gold frame around my punched circle, I actually pressed my Versamark Ink Pad on top and then heat embossed the frame with gold detail powder. I love the bold look and really feel like it helped bring that pop of gold into the mix like the ad did. But... I couldn't stop there! I had to add some gold cording and also a gold heat embossed sentiment (also from the set).

To color up  my flower, I did do something a little different....



Using some waterbased markers, I scribbled on a large acrylic block and then picked up the color with my Wink of Stella Clear glitter pen. You can't see the glitter when you are looking at my card straight on but, check it out in progress...


 You can really see the sparkle!

Here's a peek at the colored up image when it was all done. I did add a pale blue watercolor wash around my image. It's not showing up great in my photos but, it is there and does mimic the watercolor wash in the ad -- just light and scribbly!


And here's a peek when you put the two together! Like I said, the color isn't perfect but you can definitely see the spark of inspiration! :-)


Now... for the official rules!

HOW TO PLAY:
  • Create a card or project that uses an ad, catalog, or circular as your source of inspiration!  
  • Use Power Poppy stamps if you have them, if not, you might win some if you're randomly chosen. Each month, we'll round up all those that play in any of the month’s Creative Confetti challenges, and draw a name from the entries to win a $25 GIFT CARD for the Power Poppy Shop!
  • To enter, link up your creation below, sharing the direct link to your card from your blog, Instagram, or card gallery. 
  • Our link will be open all month for you to play along with us! Try one Creative Confetti Challenge or partake in them all for extra chances to win!

Speaking of winners... it's time to find out who won from all of our August challenges! Did you guys have fun playing along? I sure did!

So, after all the cards were put in the proverbial hat and mixed up, random.org drew...


Lucky number 13!!! Which means the winner is...

CAMILLE SHORT

Congrats Camille! You are the lucky winner of a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! Just email us at bloom@powerpoppy.com and we'll get your winning code out to you as soon as possible! If you want to check out Camille's creation, just click HERE to see and while you're there, check out the rest of her beautiful work on her blog!

We hope you decide to dig through your mail and see if you discover some "fab finds" to pull a little creative inspiration from! Don't forget to link up your creation below so that we can all see, AND so that you'll be in the running for our September giveaway!


Until next time!
~Julie 
a.k.a The Creative Confetti Thrower







5 comments:

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! This is STUNNING!! I totally can see how you were inspired by that catalog.

CherylQuilts said...

Congratulations, Camille, and being the August Challenge Winner! Woohoo! Enjoy your spree! And, Julie, YOU totally rock the Creative Confetti! I love your card and how you were inspired by that catalog page. Who doesn't get a TON of catalogs these days? Fabulous idea, and I surely get inspired by the Better Homes & Garden magazine that I receive as a gift from a friend. Thanks for getting our creative juices flowing!! Hugs and love! xoxo

Camille Short said...

Wow - what a surprise! Thanks for choosing lucky #13. I was just wondering what I wanted to do for this challenge - now get to go shopping to help my inspiration! Thanks!!

Julie Koerber said...

Camille, retail therapy ALWAYS helps! ;-) Have fun!

Julie Koerber said...

<3 <3 <3