Thursday

Natural Wonders clear collection: Day 2!



Hello again! I sure hope you’re enjoying the Bloom Brigade’s awesome previews of my newest clear stamp collection. They’ve done an outstanding job with their cards, so much imagination put into each and every creation — we hope you find endless inspiration when you see them.

Today we have a rather cheeky set that incorporates the world-wide love of beer with a whimsical look at botany. Add in a few puns, and this may become a go-to set when a masculine card is needed. But of course it works for women, too, as you’ll soon see.

Quick reminder: Place an order on release day, September 15, and you’ll get a special discount!

---------------------------------------------------

We introduced the largest image in this set last fall — the popular digi Hops and Barley. But we’ve expanded on it in the clear version, with lots of fun sentiments and accent images, plus a second focal image that can be colored up so many ways.... 


Introducing O Hoppy Day

We’ve taken a different approach with our beer-themed set, where the main focus are the ingredients that give ales, stouts, pilsners, and lagers their distinct flavors. Crazy to think that beer is just fermented plants, and some of those plants are quite decorative! Hops are the flowers from a hop vine, bringing bitterness, depth, and a range of fruity-citrusy flavors to beer. I happened to see one used as decoration outside a shop while visiting Brown County, Indiana last fall...


While Hops are vivid shades of green and yellow while fresh, they dry to warm toasty tones, perfect for fall. Hops are light and wispy, almost like tiny pinecones made of paper. In my drawing of them, I’ve gone a bit rogue and imagined a vine where Barley and Hops exist together — my own personal hybrid! It’s a great image to bring to life, with plenty of ways to add your unique spin.

Here is an interesting article about the “Botany of Beer” from Longwood Gardens, bookmark it for later!

A second focal image is an Imperial Pint glass — which you can color up to be as light or as dark as you want to go — it depends on the favorite beer of your intended recipient! Be sure to add some fluffy foam to the top, as you’ll see a few of our designers have done.

What’s really great about O Hoppy Day are the puns. We have several that fit inside a bottle cap stamp, and a few others to serve as focal sentiments. Wishing your dad a Hoppy Father’s Day will surely bring a smile to his face!



See you tomorrow for DAY 3 of our sneak previews — where we bring you a set of vignettes that will have you doing a happy dance (at least I hope you will ... I do aim to please!)

xoxoxo,

53 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh, wow, that will be great for original masculine cards.

Lisa said...

This is fabulous! I love the digital set but having the clear will be a great addition!

Laine Kammeraad said...

Wow!! Fabulous new images. I am a huge fan of all your prior images as well.

With smiles
Laine Kammeraad

Kathy J in Ellicott City said...

I am always on the lookout for masculine sets, because the majority of my card making is for the men in my life!

Dee Earnshaw said...

this set will be a perfect addition to my stash:)

abhoneyab said...

Looks awesome! Love the idea!

Joanne Williams said...

I am so excited for this set! I've long admired the digi but have been holding out for a stamp set. As our sons and friends are brewers, this set is perfect! Thank you!

Pennie said...

Fantastic! Can’t wait!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for this set! I can't print, so the digis wouldn't do me any good. Can hardly wait...YooHoo!

kathy s said...

This set will be like all your other creations FANTASTIC. Thanks for sharing, designing and your generosity.

lealander said...

Love them all...would hate to choose...;o(…
Must say I'm in the mood for Fall..

Becca Yahrling said...

I love the color the hops turn to when dried. So beautiful!!

Andre M. said...

These cards and colours are wonderful.

Pauline said...

I'm not a beer drinker, but love the samples made with this set! A great masculine stamp set!

Abby said...

LOVE the Chrysanthemum XL!

vickie said...

These cards are awesome! The Chrysanthemum XL is stunning in all the colors.

gabriella said...

I love growing hops, can’t wait to see your stamps

tinyfeet said...

I have never seen hops before, and I love the look when they are dried.

Diane said...

What a fresh take! Love the hop; so many fantastic ideas. I must admit that I am waiting not so patiently for a look at harvest howdy.

Unknown said...

I am loving the new stamps! Fall is such a pretty time of year. Thanks for drawing these for us.

MadeByMeghanK said...

Wow! What beautiful images for fall! I love all the great creations and ideas!!! Beautiful coloring!

Cheryl Mize said...

Such a different take on Just a Beer. You have classed up to be a very pleasing card to give a gentleman!

SaraWright said...

Your stuff always takes my breath away. Stunning simply Stunning!

Unknown said...

I love this play on beer - gives it a much more educational approach than you know - pretzels and belching lol.

Diana said...

This is a great set for masculine themed cards. Love the pun!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so cool! Love the realistic look of the beer in the mug plus the sentiment rocks!

Shona Chambers said...

I can't wait to see the set itself to see what hop stamps you have as the plants/flowers are so structural!!

Michelle uhlenhake said...

Can never have enough masculine cards in my book....love it!

Tracy said...

Love this and can't wait to see the other sentiments- love oh Ale yeah.

Lucy E. said...

Oh my gosh-my son in law planted some hops plants/vines in our yards few years ago to make beer with and we just picked all of those buds off of the vines a couple of days ago! Also, I grew up in southern IN and we go to Brown Co. IN every year. I love this set!

Debbie said...

Love this set! So many ways to use them! I'm always looking for masculine stamps and this set is perfect!

Mary Holshouser said...

Have some beer drinkers in the family
so this will be a happy stamp to have
for their cards. Beautiful design.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

stempelsaloon said...

Dear Marcella, your News Release ist stunning! I already decorated my dining Table with Hops ;o)

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards! The dried hops are beautiful.... have never seen them before!

Arianna Barbara said...

Simply awesome!!! This is a great stamp perfect to make masculine cards! And your creations are really fabulous!!!

Michelle C said...

Great beer set. Always nice to have a set for guy cards. I always admire your beautiful attention to detail when designing a set.

shami_misha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shami_misha said...

These are amazing! I wish they come out as digi stamps also :o)

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Well Miss Marcy...that stunning big Mum is simply amazing. Cannot wait to see the rest of the release! Cheers.

ellenmcrawley said...

Always impressed with your stamps and what you do with them!

Sharon H said...

I love getting your emails in my inbox but I rarely comment. This new Mum set just makes me salivate! I love it!

Sharon H said...

Oh, and those hops! I love brown tones anyway and that is a beautiful picture. I've grown hops, and they're so pretty at all stages.

Debbie Rumpza said...

What a fun new design! I love that it is unique.

Lorna said...

Every one's work is awesome. Really great arrangements to work with. Love them all.

Jane Crisci said...

Another great release! They are all wonderful!

Unknown said...

I love the new releases. I can’t wait until they go on sale, especially the “hoppy ale”!

Cindy Holmes said...

Wonderful masculine card! Your coloring is supurb!

LOU said...

Awesome stamp set! Can’t wait to get my hands on it!! :)

Marianne said...

You are so talented, Marcella. Love how you capture the beauty of nature in your drawings and stamps.

Dana M said...

What a classy and fun stamp set for the beer lovers in your life - fantastic!

Donna Phelan said...

Looks like a perfectly poured Guinness! I bet all the hubbies out there would start making cards with this set LOL

Valerija said...

Absolutely gorgeous stamps! Wonderful masculine cards!

Robyn Oliver said...

Another fabulous stamp set... and who would think 'hops' could make such an interesting subject for an image - I've never seen hops growing but my hubby loves a beer so these images will be fantastic for card making...