Tuesday

We've Got a Surprise!


Hello sweet peeps! It's Tuesday, which means we are about to release a burst of Creative Confetti to help inspire your crafty week ahead but there's more! I am handing over the Creative Confetti Thrower title to another fabulous card maker this week! Are you ready to be "wowed" by this week's guest designer? I am so excited!!!


Welcome Creative Confetti fans, I am thrilled to be a guest designer on the Power Poppy blog today! My name is Lisa J and I live in beautiful Alaska with my husband, our 4 dogs and 1 cat. We became empty nesters in Sept when our youngest moved down to Oregon so we're trying to get used to a new routine and way of life. It's definitely quiet with all 4 kids gone! I've been stamping since my oldest was born in 1994, so thankfully, I have my crafting to help keep me busy during the day! Are you ready to see what we have in store for you this week?



HOW TO PLAY: Simply use the graphic below to create your Tic Tac Toe move, using the elements either in a line from side to side, diagonally or up and down. Just that simple! With it being such a busy time of year I love to have extra help with my card making and a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge is a great way to get a project jump started!



For my card, I decided to use the diagonal row of Red, Die Cut and Green.



I was inspired by a tutorial the talented Julie Koerber did for Inspire Me Monday back in April 2018 and so I created the text "Merry" in Photoshop and then used the Power Poppy digital set Hollyberries and positioned the images around the text until I was happy with how it looked. After printing the image out I used my Copic markers to color in the images....the red from the challenge was brought in on the berries (R35, R37, R39) and the card base, the green on the leaves (YG03, YG63, YG67) and the die cut is the wonky stitch panel from Avery Elle.

Here's a closeup for you...



I like to keep things clean and simple but wanted some sparkle on my card so I used a silver Gelly Roll to color in the text and finish the card off! So, which line of items will you choose? 

Thank you again to Julie and Power Poppy for having me as a guest this week!

Thank YOU Lisa for heading up this week's challenge! Your card is elegant and a perfect expression of creativity to get us in the holiday spirit! So, like Lisa asked, which tic, tac, toe move will you be inspired by? We can't wait to see! Once you're done, be sure to link up your creation below so we can all see AND so you can be in the running for a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! There are a handful of new digis in the store that would be perfect to snatch up with your winnings! 

Thanks for stopping by and thanks again to Lisa for sharing her beautiful creation and throwing up a new handful of Creative Confetti for all of us!

Until next time!

~ Julie (& Lisa)
Creative Confetti Throwers 



7 comments:

Deborah Kaye said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I never think of modifying a digital image like that but surely must try it. I do believe I'll be trying this challenge today since I refilled all my CP inks today and have most of my Christmas stamps pulled out already.

Marcella Hawley said...

Lisa, firstly, we are SO HAPPY to have you hosting today, and secondly — YOUR CARD ROCKS!! I'm totally inspired, just like Deborah! Makes me want to go put letting in a bunch of digis. Maybe I'll do that a little later today... :) Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us, you have such a creative eye. Merry Merry!

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Deborah! I hope you will play along, I look forward to seeing what you create!

Lisa said...

Thank you so much Marcella, I am honored to be hosting today! Your amazing images make it easy to be creative!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. I just got the digi bundle and will have to try this technique. I hope I can do it as well as you. Thanks for the inspiration.

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Love this gorgeous card Lisa. The colours and the digi and the word you put in front, that's a awesome idea. Thank you so much for sharing.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, congratulations, Lisa, for being the guest designer for the Creative Confetti Challenge! What a wonderful one and a GORGEOUS card! I love the holly berries digi, and what a beautiful font for the "merry" that you've used. Your coloring s fabulous, and I love the elegance of your card! Very exciting challenge! Thanks for sharing today! Hugs! xoxo