Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Assembly Line Creating!


Hi all and welcome to another edition of Inspire Me Monday! Today, I am going to give you some tips and pointers on mass producing cards. I will admit, this is not something I am great at! I tend to get lost in the details and instead of sticking to a game plan, go off script. So, something that is designed to be easy and pretty and fun, becomes cumbersome and, well, not fun! ;-) I wanted to change that!

So, I used some basic principles to get me started!

1. Find a card or layout that inspires! I chose THIS card from a SU kit that I wanted to recreate using Power Poppy supplies! (It's the one on the lower left corner)

2. Pick a paper pack with color coordinated papers to keep things easy and pleasing to the eye...






3. Grab the supplies you need to recreate your inspiration card. I used the Abundant Petals Stamp Set & Abundant Petals Dies along with the "Thanks" sentiment from Vibrant Thanks! I also chose some stitched dies and a banner die as well. 



4. Treat it like an assembly line, cutting each element needed, one at a time until you have the number needed to mass produce. I created six cards at a time.





5. Assemble everything but the colored pieces. If you want, you can leave these card bases and take your time coloring, adding these elements as you go. 






Want to see how I did it? Click on the video below to see the steps! 



And here's a peek at the finished product!



Hope these little tips helped! I will say that I was able to create 6 cards in a little more than an hour using this method. Now, I have 6 thank you cards ready to send in a jiffy, which means folks won't have to wait months for me to create one just for them! ;-)

Happy Monday everyone & thanks for stopping by! 

~Julie 



3 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty!

Barb said...

Julie! What a beautiful set of cards! I love your assembly line tutorial.I know many people are going to find it very helpful. And it's so nice of you to include a video! Thanks for sharing!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Gorgeous cards Julie! I don't like mass production because they all look a like, but these cards are great, easy to make and all a bit different. Thank you so much for showing this, loved to watch the video, and for the inspiration. I will give this surely a try.