Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Using colours you don't always reach for



Hey all, Jessie here with you today! I love Mondays, because on some of them I get to share a tid bit of my creative journey with you all! This week I decided it was time to break out of what I know best and pull out some colours I never reach for. It was challenging and fun to mix them in with the Perfect Poppies digital image. 


Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Medium, Serpentine Genuine, Green Appatite Genuine, Undersea Green and Lunar Black. Are the colours that I used to create this pretty little flower, they are not on my typical pallet or something I reach for often. It was fun to go outside of my comfort zone and use colours I don't often reach for. I actually don't think I have ever painted with Alizarin Crimson, but it was so worth it. This one came out ever so pretty. Finishing it off with a Hematite Burnt Scarlet spack in the background to give it all a vintage feel. 

I do have a fun process video to share with you all of this sweet little card.



Thanks for stopping by,
hugs,
Jessie

6 comments:

Marcella Hawley said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, JESS!! You made my Monday cheerier and now I just want to paint!

Lagene said...

Wow gorgeous card, thanks for the video.

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Stunning card and watercolouring, Jess. Thank you so much fro showing and the tips on the way.
Have a great day.

creatingincolors said...

This is a WOW!

Kathleen said...

This is simply stunning. Thank you for sharing.
Would you mind telling me what printer you use to print your didgital images? Is it an inkjet or laser printer? I find my inkjet ink smears when watercoloring on the images. I also cannot use 140# watercolor paper in my printer and am stuck with using only 90-100# paper. Thanks for yor help.

Jessie said...

I use a laserjet printer. It's an hp cp1025nw color. I don't think I am suppose to shove 140lbs paper through it. But I do all the time lol