Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Simply Resistible!

Hello folks and welcome to another fun-filled edition of Creative Confetti! Julie here, your trustee Creative Confetti thrower! Today, we are going to take a trip back in time to .... yesterday! If you missed our Inspire Me Monday Rewind & Unwind, you are going to want to click HERE and visit the tutorial that we pulled from our creative archives and see what it is all about. Why? Because that very technique is at the heart of our challenge today!

So, let's get to it! 



HOW TO PLAY: Simply use the resist technique we spotlighted in our Inspire Me Monday this week HERE or use another resist technique to create something with us this week! If you need a little more inspiration, all you need to do is click HERE! I went over to Splitcoaststampers to see what kind of resist tutorials they had and, man, they have a lot! Tons to pick from! 

So if you tuned in yesterday or checked it out through the link today, you know that when I first did this tutorial, I used a Christmas set -- Power Poppy's Poinsettia set.  Well, I thought it would be nice to take this tutorial for another test drive and, instead, make it a birthday creation! I wanted to use most of the same supplies, just put a new spin on it! And so.... that's what I did! 


Just like in the first tutorial, I used Versamark ink and white embossing powder, only this time, I reached for the stamp set My English Rose.  After stamping and embossing with fine detail powder, I used my Distress Markers and did the palette pick up technique where you scribble marker on a palette and then pick it up using a water brush. This gives it a more subdued look, more of a watercolor wash.  

I also created a border, like I did in my first card using Post-It Notes and then colored the edge with a light Copic marker. I used RV0000 and R0000. 



After I was done, I did iron my image like in the first card -- using NO steam and sandwiched between two pieces of typing paper until all the embossing powder was essentially melted off my creation. You can't tell, but this image is completely flat and so, when the white powder is melted, it vanishes and looks like a true resist!

After I was done, I stamped the sentiment from the Artistic Bouquet set using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. After that, mat it all up, add some rhinestones and... ta da! Finished!

So, what resist technique will you try? Once you're done, don't forget to link up your creation below so that we can all see and be amazed! ;-) Remember, each time you enter is one more chance at a $25 trip to the Power Poppy Shop! Who wouldn't want that?

Thanks for stopping by everyone & happy creating!

~Julie
a.k.a. Creative Confetti Thrower



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments: