Thursday

Enchanted Garden Day Two: Woodland Carpet



Yahoo, it’s Day 2 of our preview into our new clear stamp offerings. I’m extremely tickled to share this one with you... 
I mean, I don’t try to play favorites or anything, but, I do so love a fantastical woodland scene. Don’t you?


When you’re out taking a walk, do you ever take a moment to look down? I mean, I do, but I am forever hunting mushrooms, looking for wildflowers, or hoping to spy some kind of neat seed pod, acorn, or pinecone. But goodness if the ground doesn’t yield the most exciting scenes! Especially if you are in or near the woods...


I have created a new stamp set to share with you today that celebrates these treasures of God’s natural gifts to all of us. The bits of life emerging from the soil and the ones that are returning to it. The great cycle, my friends. In Woodland Carpet, I give you ferns, fungi, flowers, and the creatures who inhabit this kingdom. Plus a collection of coordinating sentiments. Imagine the kinds of cards you can create with this one! Or take a look at the wide range of ideas shared by our wonderful designers — links are below.


I spent some time yesterday outside painting with my daughter, Lulu. Using Daniel Smith watercolors primarily, mixed with a few from my trusty 25-year-old palette of Winsor Newton gouache, I combined both vignettes from Woodland Carpet’s 4" x 8" stamp set, along with one of my favorite sentiments - EVER. 



Introducing Woodland Carpet

Like I said, I’m not playing favorites or anything.... but come on. Look how cute this set is. There are smaller images to coordinate and create backgrounds, sentiments to make the explorer inside your heart leap.

Today we have yet another exceptional group of designers from BOTH the Bloom Brigade and the Instant Garden team to help show off the possibilities with Woodland Carpet. Take it away:







Oh wait, tomorrow’s set may also be my favorite... stay tuned!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Looks beautiful! I love the fern & mushrooms... so looking forward to this release!

Lisa said...

I love this set, it reminds me of the woods that surround my house!

ChristineCreations said...

Marcy, I am LOVING how you painted this up!

Leslie Miller said...

Marcy, what a thrill to see your watercolor today! It inspires me hugely!

Janet Ingraham said...

Fabulously done! Takes my breath away.

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

This is realy a great image, I love this also. And yes I look to the ground when I am in the park, I always do and did.
Thank you for your beautyful painted example.

Christine Kiehl said...

Wow! This is truly amazing work! LOVE it!