Monday

Inspire Me Monday Creative Stamping with Kathy Racoosin


Hello Friends, My name is Kathy Racoosin from The Daily Marker. How are you? I am excited to be up on the blog today for another Inspire Me Monday post.


Today I am hoping I can get you to think out of the box with some stamping in multiples so to speak. Let me just say this is an unfinished piece and that's ok too. When you are creating something to eventually frame, it should take more time.


Don't get me wrong I am excited to finish this piece and I only wish there was more time in the day but, I would bet we all feel that way.


If you take the same stamp --- in this case, the flower and foliage from the stamp set Amaryllis Bliss -- and stamp it several times you can really create a unique piece. Stamping an image off of the paper gives your project a neat graphic look like I did here with the leaves.


My favorite "no-line" ink is the amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs. I did use the large Memory Misti to create this, but it's not necessary. Once the ink was dry, I used some Tombow watercolor markers to paint the background first.

This is a little set up I have in my family room. I was using the lily as my color inspiration.

In this photo, I am adding the first layer of color with the grey.

Often, my coloring goal is to color something white or to leave it basically white like the lily is but, I always end up adding more color! I do love that adding the brown really makes the flower pop.



Hopefully, today's post will give you another way to look at your stamps and give you permission to give yourself grace and time when coloring.

Thanks for your visit today and have a good week! 

Hugs, 

21 comments:

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Ohh my, Kathy this is stunning and I can't wait to see it finished.
What a great way to use this beautiful stamp set, this is realy thinking out of the box.
Thank you so much for sharing your great inspiration.

Camille Short said...

WOW! This is too adorable! The flowers are so pretty, and stamping off the page is a great touch - I often forget about this technique...love it!

creatingincolors said...

Oh my, the design and coloring are stunning. This is going to be a beautiful framed work of art. Can’t wait to see it finished.

Paulyne said...

Kathy, you are one amazing artist. I love viewing your work. It is just beautiful.

jeanchaneyaz said...

So beautiful, Kathy! Nice to use a real flower for inspiration! I like the idea of repeated stamping of one lovely image too!

Julie said...

What an awesome card. Love your color’s. So unusual a delight for the eye’s
Thank you for sharing

Distinctively Diana said...

Kathy this is beautiful. Thank you for showing us how you create your artwork step by step. It helps me to learn. I love the tips you share. I love the one about stamping off the edge.

Lisa Byers said...

This is spectacular Kathy!! I love your techniques, your dedication to your details. Amazing!!

Gillie Ciriaco-Runge said...

I love that flower so much I can wait to get it! So pretty! So elegant!

Lori said...

Absolutely beautiful!

SusieQ said...

Beautiful...you are such an inspiration.

Deborah Smart said...

I love this large lily image! Watching your process of colouring is always so interesting & beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished panel!

Lee said...

I just love this card! The leaves that soft and subtle mix of greens, just gorgeous.

Patti H. said...

You have the cleverest, (is that a word??), ideas, Kathy! I've been looking for a picture for my living room & had not thought of steaming & coloring one. Thanks for the awesome inspiration. Love your panel!

Patti H. said...

Stamping, not steaming!!! :)

Andrea Hastilow said...

Fantastic ! I do love seeing your work to from a blank sheet to a completed piece step at a time. This is another gorgeous piece you are doing , please show is the rest when complete x Have a great week x

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL stamp and STUNNING colouring Kathy!
My Father collects Hippeastrums (that's what we call them here in Australia) and I'm thrilled to have one with a green flower in my garden => I'm TOTALLY INSPIRED :)

Judys said...

I love this unfinished, Kathy! All white......amazing!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is simply gorgeous Kathy. I NEVER think to use brown on a flower but will have to try it. AH-mazing!

Gab said...

This is just stunning Kathy

Donna Ellis said...

What gorgeously melt-my-heart elegance! Kathy, this is beautiful! hugs, de