Friday

The Exciting News Keeps Coming






Yes!! We are welcoming FOUR designers to our digital design team. How exciting is that?

The Instant Gardeners usher in the Power Poppy designs we release as digital downloads. They showcase the versatility of digis and help us all see that we can use this newer media (you can download in “an instant”) in our papercrafting creations. I’m thrilled that we’ll be sharing the work of these talented, kind, and very creative ladies, and I know you will love seeing and learning from their creative styles! Without further adieu...



Hello from sunny Florida! Can you believe that Marcella has asked me to join her team? I’m a little shocked myself, but oh so EXCITED! 
So who is Catherine Anderson? The best and most important thing I can say about myself is that I am a sinner saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus! Without Him, nothing else matters. 
Growing up in the sweetest spot on earth…Prince Edward Island, Canada…I learned how to spin tales from one grandfather and how to create beauty with my hands from the other. So it is not too surprising that I became a graphic designer and freelance writer! I am privileged to be the Studio Journal Editor for Vanilla Arts Co., and the author of their website’s blog, “The Inkwell.” 
So what dragged me away from my idyllic little Island? A handsome American, named John stole my heart. Thirty-four years later of wedded bliss and I am still crazy-mad-nuts in love with this guy! (I can’t believe he hasn’t killed me after all the money I’ve spent on art supplies!) The greatest treasures we have are our son and two daughters. Together, our little family has lived in the U.S.A., Canada, Sweden and Germany.

I look forward to this new artistic journey with the Instant Gardeners of Power Poppy!
Find Catherine Anderson’s work here:


Hello, there! My name is Gloria Stengel and I am an east coast transplant to the San Diego, California area, where I've lived for the past 14 years. I have been married to Matt for 32 years and we have three (mostly) grown children. We were a homeschooling family for 18 years, but now the youngest is in college and the older two are working post-college careers. Which means I have so much more time for playing with paper!
I started rubber stamping in 1991 and scrapbooking in 1996, but have been a paper lover (and hoarder) all my life. I have been designing for scrapbooking companies, stores, and blogs since 2006, and I was lucky enough to work with some of the best companies in the business.
I try to spend time in my studio every day, even if it's just to clean and organize. My love of coloring started way back with my first 8-pack of Crayola crayons, and has morphed into a large collection of Copic markers, colored pencils, and other art media! I am thrilled to pieces to become part of the Instant Gardner Digital Stamp Release Team for Power Poppy! I have been a fan and follower for 3-4 years and look forward to all the NEW releases to come!
Find Gloria Stengel’s work here:


I have always been fascinated with paper crafting and since retiring, I had the time to continue to improve on my craft of card making. My absolute favorite is to color with Copic markers, but I love water coloring and I am working on no line coloring. We live in Wisconsin part of the year and in Florida for the other part.  My husband and I are retired, but are very active and have traveled to many places in the world. Morocco, Thailand, Egypt, Rome, Paris and London to name a few. We have 5 children and 7 grandchildren between us. When I was working, I was a nurse in the Emergency Dept. and I know how life can change in a split second. That is why I enjoy life, crafting and meeting new people and new experiences. 

My favorite saying is by Abraham Lincoln: 
“In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
Find Barbara Campbell’s work here:


Hello there! I'm Lisa and I live in beautiful Alaska with my husband and our 4 dogs and cat. Hubby and I are empty nesters, our 4 kids are scattered across Alaska and the Lower 48. I work nights for our local school district and try and squeeze in at least an hour of crafting every day before work. I was introduced to stamping shortly before my oldest was born, almost 26 years ago! I was immediately hooked and have been doing it ever since. I'm a pretty clean and simple stamper and copics are my main coloring medium. When I'm not at work or stamping I love gardening, reading and photography, especially wildlife and landscape. I love being out in the snow and cold and watching the moose and other animals that come around.
Find Lisa Johansen’s work here:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


On Fridays we share the latest work from the Bloomies, aren’t we the luckiest? Here are a few gorgeous cards to get you inspired for the weekend:

•  Stacy Morgan  •  Christine Okken   

Thank you all, and again, welcome to our new design team members, I am soooo excited to get to work with you!

9 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

So wonderful! What an amazing addition to your DT! 💕

Jenny Colacicco said...

fabulous additions can't wait to see their work!

Charmaine said...

Welcome ladies. I look forward to the seeing your fabulous art. I've seen some projects from Vanilla Arts, so this will be amazing.

Donna Ellis said...

Welcome to your fabulous new instant gardeners!

Judy Woodland said...

Congrats to the new Instant Gardeners, and in particular Barbara Campbell, who is one of my BFFs for reals. Such talented ladies, you are lucky to have them!!!

Leslie Miller said...

A huge welcome, ladies! It's going to be great working with you!

Helen said...

Am always inspired by the team's incredible creations! Looking forward to seeing even more! Welcome to the new instant gardners; thanks to the current team.

Lagene said...

Nice to hear about all of you!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Congrats ladies and welcome, from what I see you are all awesome artists and make beautiful work.
I know I will enjoy all the great inspiration you post for us.
Have a great week.