Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Mad about Plaid!


Hello all and Happy Tuesday! And... happy 8 days before Christmas! I hope you have cookies in the oven and sugar plums dancing in your heads! ;-) Since there is such a hustle and bustle this time of year, I thought I would make this week's Creative Confetti, super dooper easy for you all to play along! Ready to see what I have in store? 



HOW TO PLAY: I don't know about you but I think Buffalo check plaid is about the hottest thing this Christmas season and I have loved seeing it play out in decor! From tree accessories to tree skirts to wrapping paper and ribbon. Heck, some are even decking out their entire tree in the theme! It is everywhere! So, I thought, why not add a little plaid to our cards? Keep in mind, you can use ANY style plaid that you have in your stash, no need to match the buffalo check above! So, let's see what you can whip up and show us all how you are Mad about Plaid!

On to my creation! 

While I didn't have buffalo check plaid, I did have this sparkly plaid that looks a cousin of that check print! I thought it looked super cozy with the image I chose from Power Poppy's Cozy Cupfuls stamp set. I stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then colored my image up with Copic Markers sticking with vibrant reds (R32, R35, R37) kraft colors (E51, E53, and E55), shades of gold (Y21, Y32, Y35 and Y28) and then touches of green (YG61, YG63, and YG67). I did add some shading with R0000 and R00 on the top (which you can barely see in the photo) and BV00, BV000 on the bottom. Add a strip of kraft paper, some fun ribbon and a little popped up sentiment and... done!

Here's a little close up for you! As always, Christmas cards need a little glitter! ;-)


And that, my friends is it! Let's see you get "Mad About Plaid!" and see what fun you can craft with this bold pattern as a backdrop or accent on your creation! And, as I mentioned, when you're done, just link up your creation below so we can all see AND so you can have a shot at winning a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hopefully, we'll see you back here real soon! ;-)

~Julie
Creative Confetti Thrower

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Awesome card Julie, I love how you combined everything, including the stunning plaid. I love a beatiful plaid!
Thank you for sharing, making cards and coloring is currently at a very, very low level. So no joining in for me but I still can enjoy all the beauties from you all.
Have a wonderful day.

Theresa's Studio said...

I am adding tags that I made for the Challenge posted on Dec 3 which I thought was open for Dec.