Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Celebrate Good Times!

Hello all and Happy Tuesday! If you're looking for a little inspiration to kick start your creative endeavors, you've come to the right place! It's time for another Creative Confetti challenge and we have a fun one in store! Do you have enough cards stockpiled for those special occasions? Well, if not, this challenge is just for you! Check it out sweet peeps! 


HOW TO PLAY: The challenge is just as simple as it sounds! All you need to do is create a card to celebrate something -- a birthday? A wedding? A new baby? A retirement? A congratulatory event? No matter what the occasion, let's create a card to celebrate!

On to my creation!


My son is standing up in a wedding here in a couple of months and knowing him, he's going to come to me before the big day and say, "Hey mom, do you have a wedding card I can nab?" ;-) So, I am thinking ahead! Since this is a card given by a man to the groom, I thought it would be nice to create a kind of clean and classy understated creation. 

I chose the Power Poppy Dream Wedding set and stamped the two champagne flutes on the front on ivory card stock using Memento London Fog (grey) ink. I did color up the flutes with just a few colors - Y21 and Y23 for the champagne, C03, C01, C05 for the glass and then I topped the glass with some sparkle pen and then colored up all the bubbles with that glitter pen as well. I highlighted it with G0000 and then colored R0000 around the die-cut circle to add a little fun glow. 


I outlined the word "Cheers" from the set as well with the glitter pen to add a little razzle-dazzle and then added some sequins and rhinestones for a little something extra. 

Here's a peek at the inside. I used a few sentiments from the set and paired them up and then stamped the bottle of bubbly behind the inside greeting for a little extra POP! I also added sparkle to these words as well. While the photo doesn't really show this, it does add just that right amount of shimmer!



So, dear happy stampers, it's your turn! Let's see you "Celebrate Good Times!" Don't forget to link up your creation below so we can ALL see what you've whipped up and you'll be entered into our monthly drawing for a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! 

Until next time! 

~Julie
Creative Confetti Thrower

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

This is a very awesome card Julie, it's certainly classy and I see a man give this to the groom, great job!
Thank you so much for sharing this beauty and have a wonderful day.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your wedding card is so elegant looking. Very inspiring design.