Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Rock that Mojo!


Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! If you checked in yesterday for my guest post on Inspire Me Monday, you know that I've been having an issue as of late with my mojo! I got a few emails after I posted that column and, it turns out, a lot of YOU are suffering as well - wondering where your mojo went! So, I thought it would be fun to have you read THIS POST and hopefully it will inspire because that is the basis of this week's Creative Confetti Challenge!



HOW TO PLAY: Find a source of inspiration - a blog, a Pinterest gallery, a sketch website, a catalog, a magazine -- you name it! Whatever inspires you, take some time to really let that mojo bubble up to the surface to create! All you need to do is create using that source and then share a link or photo of your inspiration source!

Once you are done with your creation, don't forget to link it up using the linky below. Every entry is one shot at winning a $25 code to the Power Poppy Shop!

On to my creation!

So, this sketch below from Paper Play Sketches was my source of inspiration. I loved the simplicity of it and as soon as I set my sights on it, I knew exactly what I would do to bring it to life!



I started by cutting out all my pieces first, like I did in my post yesterday, just to speed up the creative process. As you can see, after I die cut my rectangles, I stamped using the Power Poppy clear stamp Summer Berries. 


From there, it was just coloring it up with Copics and assembling! Before I added the strip of green decorative paper, I decided to add some pizazz by wrapping it with some silver cording. To color, I used R30, R32, R35 and R37 for the berries and accented in spots with Y11 and YG00. The leaves were colored up with YG00, YG03, YG13, YG17. I accented with Y00 and YG0000 around the outside of the image and then accented the berries with a white gel pen. And... ta da!


 Here's a little closeup for you!


And as you can see, I did use the "Hello Friend" sentiment, also from the stamp set and accented my creation like the sketch did with some bling in the upper right corner! I have to say, I love the simplicity of following a sketch and helping take some of the guesswork out of creating -- especially when you feel like you are in a creative slump! 

MOVING ON! Since we are about to embark on a new month, we have a winner to share from all of our June Creative Confetti entries! If you missed the action, just click HERE to see some of the beautiful creations submitted! After we put all the entries into the virtual hat, Random.org drew this number!


That means the winner is....


* * * * * BONNIE KLASS! * * * *

Bonnie had several breathtaking entries this past month, but this one below was our lucky winner!


I love the bold pop of color on the white textured base and just a hint of black in the twine and sentiment! Just perfect! Just in case you wondered, Bonnie used Power Poppy's Garden Fireworks digital stamp set for this creation. 

Bonnie, to claim your $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop, just email us at bloom@powerpoppy.com and Marcella will get your code right to you! So glad you played along and shared your talents with us! 

Okay, sweet stamping friends, now it's your turn to show us your spark of inspiration! As I mentioned, each entry gets you a chance at winning a little shopping trip with $25 to spend in the Power Poppy Shop! So... what are you waiting for? Let's see you get those fingers inky!

Until next time!
~Julie 
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

4 comments:

Camille Short said...

Congrats to Bonnie!
Julie, your card is way cool!

Cynthia said...

Congrats to Bonnie! Lovely inspiration, Julie.

Bonnie said...

Thank you for the win! The PP digital and clear stamps make is so much fun to color!

Bonnie said...

Julie, your berries look so juicy and delicious. Thank you for sharing the colors you used. It looks to me like your mojo is in great shape!