Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Keep it SImple


Happy Monday everyone! Jessie here today keeping things simple (which is different for me) using Blossoming Cherries digi stamp!


I started things off by printing the image using my HP CP1025NW color printer onto 140lbs hotpress Arches watercolor paper, and taping it down to my hardboard to paint!


I kept things with  one coat of colour, except for on the blossoms where I added 2 layers of the pink just for some depth. I used my StoneGround Watercolour and played with 5 colours, Merigold Orangs, Scarlet, Cerulean, Raw Sienna Warm shade, and Burnt Umber. 


Marcella's lovely line work does most of the work in this one, it adds the details to the branches as well as the leaves which made this one super fast to paint up. I love how the light washes of colour really bring this dreamy branch to life!


I have no idea what I am going to do with the finished piece here, I may cut it down and make a slimline card out of it, I am also thinking of putting it in a white frame and tucking it in among my houseplants.

Thanks for stopping by,
Hugz
Jessie




3 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous!!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

It's gorgeous Jessie.
Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe and have a wonderful week.

Jean said...

So pretty!