Monday

Inspire Me Monday ~ Stamps & the Joseph's Coat Technique



Hello everyone!  Allison Cope here for a new Inspire Me Monday!

Today I'm going to using the glorious "Pure Prairie Spirit" stamp set to create a modified Joseph's Coat technique card.

For this technique you will need:
- white cardstock
- cool stamp image
- colorful inks
- black ink for stamping & inking
- clear sticky ink like Versamark
- clear embossing powder
- a heat tool
- a stencil of your choice

STEP 1:
I used my stamping positioning tool, the MISTI, to stamp my bouquet image with black ink on to my piece of Bristol Smooth White Cardstock.


STEP 2:
I used mini ink blending tools to apply the colorful inks onto my stamped image.  I chose to kind of highlight my image areas with different colored inks (ie: large daisy = Coral Cabana ink)


STEP 3:
I continued applying and blending my colored inks all over the entire panel.


STEP 4:
I used my MISTI again to stamp my image on some masking paper.  In this case I used the Gina K. Designs "Masking Magic".


STEP 5:
I used my fine tipped scissors and fussy cut out my entire image leaving a small gap around the entire image. Then I carefully applied my mask over top of the stamped bouquet.


STEP 6:
I then temporarily taped down my cool circle mask over top of my entire panel.  Then I took my clear sticky ink, Versamark (I ink my old "Dazzle" ink pad with the regular Versamark ink refill.), and applied it over the stencil ensuring to press the inky pad carefully into the stencil's holes.


STEP 7:
While the ink is sticky, I applied the clear embossing powder over the entire surface.  I removed my mask so I wouldn't heat it up the odd sprinkling of embossing powder.  Then I used my heat tool and melted all the powdered areas.


STEP 8:
I reapplied my mask back over my stamped image again.
Then I grabbed my black ink and began to blend it across the entire panel.  The embossing powder and mask are designed to resist the ink.


STEP 9:
I used a slightly damp paper towel and buffed off the extra black ink on the surfaces of the embossed areas.  See how the black ink no longer blocks those large dots now.  The colourful ink clearly shows right through.


STEP 10:
For additional detail, I used a white gel pen to add a few white and bright details on my bouquet. I also used some Star Dust Stickles as well (not shown below).


And here's the final card!  It's super bright and bold and it uses an easy and fun technique.


Thanks for joining me today!  I hope I've inspired to go and create today!  See you again soon!

~ Ally ~

4 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A fun variation on the Joseph’s coat technique!

Julie Koerber said...

Ally, how do you come up with this stuff? This is pure genius and so fun! I don't always do more "inky" techniques but gosh, I am going to have to give this one a try! The results are bold, fun and "happy!" Love it girl!

Jean said...

So very cool!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Wow Ally, this is stunning! It looks like you added the bouquet on top of the beautiful background, this technique gives so much depth.
Thank you so much for this tutorial, stay safe and have a wonderful week.