Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Christmas in July!

GOOD MORNING POWER POPPY FRIENDS! How's it going in your part of the world? Here it's been scorching hot, so to cool off I decided to start working on my holiday cards.  Every year I say that I'm going to start early so I don't have a mad rush in December making cards. I suspect this year won't be any different, but at least I have one card now to stash away until the holidays.

Today I'm featuring the Holly Golightly Clear Stamp Set which features a sweet little Mason jar with boxwood and holly that I'll show you how to color today.


I have a video tutorial below for the Copic coloring, but let me tell you first about the rest of the card. I wanted a neutral background so that the image could take center stage. I started with a piece of kraft paper, but it seemed too bland. So I used a stencil and embossing paste to create a background that had texture and interest, but didn't overwhelm the central image. I've also been playing with hot foiling and the blue edging was created using the Spellbinders Glimmer Foil system. However, for something this simple, you could just back the image with foil cardstock.

OK - sit back and relax! It's time to roll the video!


StampHolly Golightly Clear Stamp Set
Copics: BV000, R24, R29, R59, YG03, YG17, YG67, G21, G46, BG10, B000, B00, B02, B05, E30, E33, E35, C1, C3, C5, 0

That's it for me today! Hope you found some coloring inspiration!

Nancy

1 comment:

ednamburgess said...

Very pretty and you make it look so easy. Love the colors you blended so nicely.