Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Birthday Wishes!

 

Hello friends! It's Tuesday and that means it's time for a brand new Creative Confetti challenge! Can you believe we're easing into the middle of October already? I love October for a few reasons but my favorite reason is that it's my birthday month! My birthday was Oct.11 and my husband and I headed to one of my favorite places in Alaska - Seward. It's a wonderful little town and I love escaping to there every year.

So what does this have to do with Creative Confetti you ask? Well, let's get a birthday card made this week! I always seem low on birthday cards in my stash so now is the perfect time to get one or two added to the pile.


HOW TO PLAY: Create a birthday card, it's that easy!

On to my creation....

Since I have a fall birthday, I decided to use an autumn-themed image on my card. I went with a pumpkin filled with flowers, an image found in the Season's Seatings digital set, which you can find HERE.


I brought my copics and image with me on our trip so I could color at the end of the evening. Thankfully, I usually print out 2-3 copies of the same image so I can have several on hand and that turned out to be a good thing. The dreaded marker blob happened as I was getting to the end of my coloring on the first image I started. Needless to say, my husband heard me utter some colorful words and then I grabbed the backup image I had brought with me.




Does the layout look familiar? I used the layout from Julie's Creative Confetti Sketch on Sept.29th, which you can still play along with! 


I was going to put my sentiment on the front but after hemming and hawing about it for a while I finally decided to leave a sentiment off the front and I added it to the inside of the card instead. The birthday sentiments I used can be found in the clear set Party Time. This set is retiring but you can currently still grab one HERE at a discounted price!

Want to join me this week? Simply create, post and then link up using the linky below! As we always say, if you get those fingers inky and play along, each and every link is an opportunity to win a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! 

Thanks for stopping by!

~Lisa

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: