Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Easy Breeze Coneflowers!

 

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! Well spring has finally arrived, at least according to the calendar. We spent last weekend at our local garden supply store to get ideas for our backyard. My husband is the gardener, but I get to pick out the flowers. It's a division of labor that I enjoy! 

It's too early to plant anything here - our garden relies on a combination of containers and raised beds. We have a small water feature which my husband wants to redesign so we've been busy rearranging our equally small backyard to accommodate all the changes. But it feels good to be outside again and planning for what we hope will be a more normal future.

I plan on adding coneflowers into our backyard this year but it will be a few weeks before they are available in our garden store. In the meantime, I have to be content with coloring them so today's post features the Easy Breezy Coneflowers Digital Stamp Set in anticipation of my summer garden. 

Often, I'll enlarge a digital image so that it takes up most of the card front, but I decided to downsize the image and color it on a smaller scale. But the smaller image didn't take up much real estate on the card front so I struggled awhile with the card design. I changed the card orientation from portrait to landscape and that change helped me view the layout in a different way. I've always loved the critters that Marcella adds to some of her drawings so I cropped out one of the bees in the Asters Abuzz Digital Stamp Set to add to the background and used one of the sentiments from that set. I added a honeycomb stenciled background inked in pale pink and suddenly the card came together.

Since the image is small, I didn't worry about adding a lot of detail into the petals. Instead, I stuck to a simple dark to light blend with my Copic markers. 

That's all for me today! Be sure you get out and enjoy the sunshine!

Nancy

SUPPLIES

7 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Love this design and the bee was such a perfect addition!

Cynthia said...

This is so sweet. Love the stenciled background.

Barbara said...

You will love the coneflowers in your yard. The birds brought me mine and what a nice surprise for me. Great card and post, Nancy!

Bunny said...

The coneflowers are lovely and make a nice card.

WHEN WILL THE POWER POPPY CHALLENGE COMING BACK? [Bunny]

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Gorgeous card Nancy. I love the whole layout and beautiful colours.
Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration, stay safe and have a wonderful week.

kumukala said...

When will the blog come back? I have missed it. Thank you.

Camille Short said...

You always WOW me!