Monday

Inspire Me Monday: A Window to Create!


Hello all and welcome to another Inspire Me Monday! When I was putting together my post today, I have to say that I was the one who was inspired. A couple weeks ago, Lisa Johansen inspired us all to create some Spotlight Cards and, like her, I was looking for a way to create a card that was a little less time-consuming but allowed you to use bits and pieces of some of Marcella's beautiful and bodacious illustrations! 

So, instead of spotlighting, I decided to create a bit of a window. You'll see what I mean in just a minute and see how you can use different pieces of an image or even scraps from creations for a little extra wow factor! 

Let's Get Started! 

So, I started by printing out a few copies of Power Poppy's newest digital image called Accentuate the Positive.  I took a piece of decorative plaid card stock and using three sizes of circle dies, I cut my windows. Then, I situated pieces of my digital stamp behind each of the windows to see which sections of the image I liked best.


After setting the cut-out decorative paper over top. I knew that I needed to cut out portions so that the flowers I wanted to accentuate were right where I wanted them! I traced a pencil lightly around the circle and then cut out the images. 


This is what my cut-out sections looked like behind my circles... 
 

And above are the pieces that I knew I needed to color up! And... with the help of my Copic markers, voila! I colored the portions of my image that I knew would show through. 


To create a little extra dimension and the feel of a window, I put pop dots all the way around my circles really close to the edge. I also only removed the sticky back of the window I wanted to place the image behind. 
 

You can see below how that first window turned out.... 


And here's how the back of my card panel looked once I placed all three little segments!


Mat your panel onto a card, add some bling and a foiled sentiment, and... ta-da! I think this look is so fun and it was pretty quick to create since I only colored a small segment of that rather large image! 


Here's a close-up for you! 


Now, this isn't the first time I've done this technique. After I created my card above, I went looking for others and this one popped up! Very similar! I love adding the sentiment for a little extra interest with the patterned paper. I used the digital stamp set Spring Meadow. 


And in the card below, I kept a clean look with mostly white and let my colored-up cherry blossoms from the digital stamp set Flowering Branches pop with color! 


And, while this card below doesn't use a window, it is a twist on the concept by using bits of an image, die-cutting or punching the images and then popping those pieces up on a card front! This card used the digital stamp set Asters Abuzz!


I hope you've liked the creations that I shared -- some old, some new! Special thanks to Lisa who helped inspire a different way to look at spotlight stamping! 

Until next time! Happy Stamping! 

Julie 

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Each of these cards is gorgeous and a wonderful tribute to Spring!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Totally love this technique Julie, fabulous cards!
I sure will keep this in mind when I need a card quick.
Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Cynthia said...

Great technique, Julie. I will be giving this a try soon!

Barbara said...

Julie, spectacular post and gorgeous cards.

Gloria Stengel said...

Such a great idea! I love all the fun pictures peeking out!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty technique! Love all the examples

Lisa said...

Wow Julie, all of your cards are amazing!! I definitely need to try this technique!

Lynn R said...

Julie...you are always inspiring!