Friday

A few little tidbits from the Good Vibe Tribe!


Hello, sweet stamping friends and happy Friday! Are you ready for a restful and relaxing weekend ahead? I know I am. For those of you in the States, I hope you cherish this pre-holiday weekend and enjoy all the sparks in life (in the air and in your heart!)

Okay, since we have a ton of good vibes to share, let's get right to it, shall we? Get ready for sudden squeals of excitement, feelings of wonder and maybe even a little silent introspection! It's all here for you this Friday! 



Some of the Power Poppy gals had a chance last year to meet the amazing (and sweet) Michelle Houghton and so it is ALWAYS a treat when she takes one of Marcella's images for a spin. This week, she posted this little number above (using the Va-Va-Valentines digital stamp set) with a FUN video that you can cue up to watch her create this whimsical creation. Grab a cuppa something you love and settle in my friends! 



I am so glad that Elizabeth Zaffarano jumped on the alcohol inks and foil bandwagon because the cards that she's been pumping out using this marbled and colorful effect have been stunning! Take a trip over to her IG page HERE and see for yourself! And, if you want to watch a fun little video of one talented woman doing this technique as a tutorial, just click HERE. I haven't tried this one yet but, I have all the tools to do it and know I am going to have to give it a try... soon! 

Every year at about this time, we love to remind you that there is a series of digital freebies aimed at sharing messages of freedom and independence! They are awesome for cards to boost the spirits of the military men and women in our life. The quotes are great for all occasion cards as well! Want to check out the full line of liberty-inspired freebies? Just click HERE!  You can also see a few creations over on our Power Poppy Rocks Pinterest board HERE!


Okay, let's be honest. Did you gasp when you saw this bold and beautiful dahlia above colored up by the skilled hands of Amy Shulke? I sure as heck did! That woman is a master. It's on my bucket list to meet her and spend a little time coloring with her! ;-) The good news for all of us is that the next best thing is actually available! She is teaching this little number above in one of her upcoming Livestream classes! Not only will you learn, step-by-step to color up Power Poppy's Dahlia digi, but intermixed in that lesson comes a few tips on underpainting when coloring up sunshiny florals -- basically creating depth without muddying up those bright and bold colors! Click HERE to check out all the deets peeps! 



Warning! If you aren't in the mood for a little quiet introspection, fast forward to the link list with our beloved Bloomies. If you wouldn't mind some contemplation, keep reading. Have you asked yourself, "Whats my why?" It's a question that keeps rising to the surface in my life -- mostly with my work day. I think about it, journal about it, and even bought THIS daily time management journal based on working by your "why". I'm in that mode where I really need to dissect my day so that I can experience great joy in the morning, waking up with a clear sense of why this day matters professionally, why every day matters. What's your "why?" What's your "why" at work? What's your "why" in life? What's your "why?" when you hit your crafting room for a little creative time? Share your "why" in our comments -- let's inspire others to take this step and bring a little extra beauty to our days! 😍


And that concludes our Good Vibes for this Friday! I know some of the Bloomies have more on tap...






Thanks for stopping by and sharing a bit of your day with us! Inspire Me Monday will be taking a holiday break next Monday but will be back in full force on July 9th! Also, look for a brand new Power & Spark challenge next Friday too! So much fun brewing!


Until then, happy stamping!
~Julie 

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

What a fun blog post, Julie, and I really loved the coloring video by Michelle using the Va-Va-Valentines digi! Beautifully colored! Lots of great inspiration and gorgeous cards by the Bloom Brigade! Just so inspiring to me, and I am looking forward to Amy's next online coloring class! I love her work and always learn something. Just bought some of the supplies I need (not many needed), and it should be great fun! Hugs and have a great weekend! Loving celebrating the Fourth of July! xoxo

sabell said...

Fun blog post with lots of interesting stuff going on!

FD91354 said...

Oh, so glad you shared with us! I didnt know about the digis/sentiments and I'd love to check out the coloring of that beautiful Dahlia! Thanks so much!

creatingincolors said...

Love these Good Vibe posts! They are beautiful, inspiring, and fun!

laf83199 said...

I have attended a few of Amy's in-person classes and have just signed up for her Marker Painting Course (which I plan on starting when the kids go back to school!) I can tell you she is an amazing teacher. I am a total newbie and the classes I have taken have taught me so much!!

laf83199 said...

Oh, and of course she is how I found your beautiful stamps Marcella!!!