Tuesday

Earthy & Delish Hues!

Hello sweet color craving stampin' friends! Today's little hues have a tasty flavor attached to them and show off a recipe crafted over HOURS in our own Power Poppy Peep in Chief's kitchen. Check it out, will you? (And try not to let your mouth water!) 


This, my friends, is Boeuf en Daube in progress in Ms. Marcella's cooking space. What I found even more delish than the meal's looks was the fact that she made this feast in her Grandma Dorothy's 1960's era Wagner Ware tureen. Apparently, creating this recipe takes hours upon hours of simmering! I think those are the absolute best kinds of meals -- you get to savor the smells all day long!

HOW TO PLAY: Playing along with this week's Hues to Use is sweet and simple! Just look at the color cues above -- plum, pumpkin and straw and use them in your card or creation. After you're done getting those fingers inky, link up your creation on the link below so we can all see! YIPPPEEEE!

Are you ready for another little fun surprise today? We have another guest on tap today! This lovely lady loves all things crafty and lives in a gorgeous part of the country. She's about as talented as she is sweet so put your hands together for.....


"Hi all, I'm Sue! I'm from a small city, North Tonawanda, NY between Buffalo and Niagara Falls, New York. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 52 years. We have one daughter, a great son-in-law and two grandchildren -- Megan, who just turned 20 and is in college studying art, and Michael, who will graduate high school this June and attend college in the fall. I worked as an accountant and tax preparer for 28 years. I have been retired since 2008 and don't miss giving up my life from January to April 15th each year for tax season!"

I have crafted all of my life beginning at a young age with a box of 64 Crayola Crayons. To my late mother's delight, I learned to sew all on my own while I was a stay at home mom. I made Cabbage Patch dolls and their clothes when they were all the rage, and have sewn American Girl doll outfits by the dozens. I took decorative painting classes and did that for many years. I learned calligraphy and did invitations and place setting cards for friends. Then, I bought a couple of rubber stamps in 1995, became hooked and now have a large collection of stamps, digis, paper and dies. I took classes from Kevin at Stampscapes and became obsessed with scene stamping for a while. I have taught rubber stamp classes at my local stamp store too.


When it comes to stamping, Copic markers are my go-to choice for coloring right now, replacing the Crayola crayons. All these years later, I still LOVE to color.


SUE'S CREATION


For my card, I chose the digi, Cup of Columbine. (Did you know this image also comes in a clear version? It's called Cheerful Columbine) I knew I wanted to make a shaped card, so I chose a Spellbinders Grand Die Label 4. I cut an eggplant colored mat for the Copic colored image. I attached them to a white card cut from the same die set and embossed the purple mat and the front of the card with a Creative Expressions embossing folder, called Braided Vines. It's an 8-1/2" by 11" embossing folder.

Next, I stamped and embossed the word Enjoy, from Jillibean, and cut it out with the matching die in the set. I then cut two more of the word Joy from white cardstock and glued them to the back of the orange embossed original to give it some dimension. The word Everyday was stamped on
white cardstock and embossed with the same orange embossing powder and die cut with the flag die from the same set. A few purple sequins were finishing touches to the card.

Here's a close up for you! 



I am thrilled to have been asked to design a card for the Hues to Use, and I would like to thank Julie for the opportunity!"


Thank YOU Sue, the pleasure is all ours! I love the combo of purple and orange and I think you really did a beautiful job of marrying these two bold and happy hues! We should mention that if you want to see what crafty endeavors Sue is up to, you can check out her blog Sue's Rubber Stamping Adventures by just clicking the link! Thanks again Sue!

Before we get to the linky and bid you a farewell for the week, I did want to tell you happy Hues to Use lovers to stay tuned! Why? Well, we think you are all pretty awesome and Marcella and I chatted about how we can up the ante and give you coloristas a little extra incentive to play along with us from week to week. So, like I said, stay tuned! Some exciting news will be unveiled SOON!

Until next week!
~Julie 



8 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Sue sure is one talented and lovely lady and deserves recognition...great card, love love love the colouring and the gorgeous stamp..xx

Bunny said...

Sue , you did a fabulous job with the hues. Lovely coloring and a sweet image. [Bunny]

FD91354 said...

So Beautiful! Love the color mix on the flowers and the bird is so colorful.. Thanks for sharing!

Camille Short said...

Sue, this is stunning! Looking forward to seeing how you're going to up the ante - I love color challenges and seeing how others are inspired. Looking forward to seeing more entries. :D

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous, Sue! I love the way this image reveals your love of Nature, and that your techniques have revealed Marcella's love of Nature! Gorgeous! hugs, de

~amy~ said...

really pretty!

CherylQuilts said...

Well, Sue, it's wonderful to see you as our Guest Designer this week for the Hues to Use, and you surely have delighted us with your GORGEOUS card! I loved reading about you and your family, along with your crafting life starting out as a young gal as I did with Crayons! I remember well the box of 64! And now look at your now -- delighting us with your Copic coloring magic! Your coloring is exquisite, and what a stunning card design with the grand dies and the lovely embossing folder! I love it all and think you've more than risen to the challenge of using these colors so beautifully! Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing your artistry with us! Hugs!

Patti J said...

Sue, it's so much fun to see you here!!! Your card is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us, and hooray on your guest design spot with Power Poppy!!!!