Tuesday

Bring on the (Pumpkin) Spice!




Okay, raise your hand if you can't wait until fall when Pumpkin Spice Season starts!! Yes, I know I raised my hand before I even finished asking the question. The only thing better than a pumpkin spice latte would be a calorie-free pumpkin spice latte. Can't they please invent that? Pretty please? 

Since the season is here, why not add a little bit of fall flavor to our card making? I say YES! Let's do it! That brings us to this week's Creative Confetti Challenge from yours truly, the Creative Confetti Thrower! ;-)



HOW TO PLAY: It's just as simple as choosing a pumpkin spice color scheme, or like I mentioned, a "spicy" stamp set. Want some ideas on which Power Poppy set just might be a perfect fit for this flavor of fall? How about...


Get Wool Soon -- isn't that a pumpkin spice latte in the coffee mug?
Gingerbread Family
Lavender
Soothing Sympathy
Spice it Up
Feeling Fall
Frosted Gingerbread
Apples in Season (think spiced cider, my friends!)

With so many options, I can almost see the visions of pumpkin spice dancing in your heads! Want to see my take on this challenge?



When I dreamt up this challenge, I knew I had to use Power Poppy's brand new stamp set, Fortunes of Fall! I just love the vignettes in this set and the pumpkin trio was pretty much perfect for a Pumpkin Spice Challenge! I started by stamping with Memento Rich Cocoa and then grabbed my Copic markers to color this image up. 

Here's a close up look at this colored up image....



To mat it all up, I reached for shades of olive, kraft (to bring out the nutmeg color) and orange (for my pumpkin) and ta da! It's a wrap! I added some twine, a button and some fun die cut accents and that, my friends, is it! 

HOW TO PLAY:
  • Create a card or project with a pumpkin spice color scheme or... use a Power Poppy stamp set with a "spicy" theme. (See the links above for ideas!)
  • Use Power Poppy stamps if you have them, if not, you might win some if you're randomly chosen. Each month, we'll round up all those that play in any of the month’s Creative Confetti challenges, and draw a name from the entries to win a $25 GIFT CARD for the Power Poppy Shop!
  • To enter, link up your creation below, sharing the direct link to your card from your blog, Instagram, or card gallery. 
  • Our link will be open all month for you to play along with us! Try one Creative Confetti Challenge or partake in them all for extra chances to win!

So let's capture all the Pumpkin Spice "feels" as we head to our crafting spaces. Since this is my favorite time of year -- who doesn't love sweater weather, the changing leaves and the savory comfort food that brings families to the table together? Let's capture a little bit of all this as we create and then... once you do ... don't forget to link your project below so that we can all see. You'll also be in the running for a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop, and that, my friends, is a fun prize!


Until next time!
~Julie 
a.k.a The Creative Confetti Thrower





4 comments:

Jean said...

Simply gorgeous!

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE the new stamps/images and this is a gorgeous card Julie, looks like I really need to play again...so much fun..x

KathyA. said...

Julie, your card is bold and brisk and colorful... just light an autumn breeze. Love it. I'm also loving these weekly confetti challenges. They've caused me to exercise my creative "little grey cells."

Robyn Oliver said...

Creative Confetti is a great challenge.... love the inspiration Julie is using to challenge us.