Saturday

Happiest Holiday 2018 Day 4: Grandma's Snowflakes


Ooooh we’re getting closer to release day and the full reveals!
Day 4 of our Happiest Holiday previews is upon us. Are you seeing images you like? Going mad for plaid and cuckoo for Corgis? That’s certainly how I felt while designing this collection. 

And you haven’t even seen the last two sets.... so hang on to your hats. Even better if that hat is crocheted. Why? Because I have been reminiscing about growing up, and some of the things that made Christmas with my mom so warm and wonderful. Of course, most of that was due to my mom just being my mom. But she really went the distance when decorating. Each ornament had a story behind it, whether is was displayed on a tree or hanging from the chandelier. 

With my beautiful mom, Susan, in 2013.
Standing out clearly in my memory was my mom’s collection of crocheted snowflakes. Each one so dainty! She kept them between sheets of glassine and would carefully hang them on a special snowflake tree. Of course I don’t have a photo of it, arghhhh! But here are some sweet ones that remind me of them:


Aren’t they WONDERFUL?? So many different ones, delicate and detailed, and all created by hand. My mom’s crocheted snowflakes were lightly starched to lay flat, and some years she would hang them in the window from fishing line so they would appear to float. I just had to capture these snowflakes in a stamp set. Introducing:


Grandma’s Snowflakes features 8 hand-drawn snowflakes based on vintage crochet patterns. I’ve given you various sizes to keep things interesting. When stamped, they really do resemble crocheted snowflakes. Imagine stamping in white and embossing — then a little glitter! DREAMY! Plus I designed 5 go-to sentiments to help you celebrate a homespun holiday. I really don’t think there is anything else like this out there, aside from stepping in to Grandma’s house and seeing her window display!

I am also offering Coordinating Dies with this set to help make cardmaking go a little more quickly.

The Bloomies are back to share some super sweet cards made with Grandma’s Snowflakes:


It’s hard to believe it’s only October, and I have bulbs to plant and pumpkins to carve... because now all I want to do is play with crocheted snowflakes!

OK — so tomorrow. Sunday, October 28, we will reveal our final stamp set (with dies!) — ANNNND we will have a special offer to boot! So stay tuned. 

XOXOXO!!


5 comments:

BBC World News: international news said...

good

Lisa said...

This set looks fabulous, but I especially love the meaning and inspiration behind it. Thank you for sharing a bit of your mom with all of us!

creatingincolors said...

So special. I love the story of Grandma's Snowflakes, and they bring back memories to me too!

Heather said...

Beautiful!! They definitely do capture the feel of those delicate crocheted snowflakes!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

So Beautiful Marcella and even more beautiful are the memories these Snowflakes bring forth.
My sweetest Maternal Grandma was the one that taught me to crochet and knit, I have wonderful memories of her warm hands on mine as she was guiding me and teaching me.
Thank you for sharing your memories of your grandma and your mom with us, Marcella.
XO
Maria Rodriguez.