Friday

Room for Good Vibes!




Hello Happy Stampers! If you are wondering what this little quote is above, Marcy and I were chatting and she just so happened to tip me off to some of the amazing things the Pulitzer Prize-winning poet, Mary Oliver, said in her life. Do a Google Search or click HERE  and you'll just feel as though reading her words is like breathing in a healthy dose of fresh mountain air. 


Sadly, she passed away yesterday after a battle with lymphoma. Because her words are so incredibly inspiring, Marcy thought it might be nice to headline a post with one of her quotes as our little way to honor her and share some of her incredibly wise good vibes! If you click on the link, you should know it's pure gold, honestly. It begs the question, do you leave a little room for the unimaginable? For that sense of wonder? I can honestly say I don't do it enough. I am hoping 2019 is a year where I do leave a little more room. My word of the year gives a nod to that -- NURTURE -- as in nurturing not only myself with good health but nurturing friendships, nurturing my family in love, nurturing experiences and making sure that even the simplest, most mundane things are seen in a way that makes them anything but simple and mundane.


Maybe one of Mary's quotes will light a little fire inside you? Let us know in the comments if you searched her out and what YOUR favorite quote is! 


In the meantime, I have a little eye candy to tease you with! Marcella has been working on a big project, so the digital stamp set we shared a snippet of recently has been delayed a few days. With some of the samples from the Instant Gardeners "sprouting," I thought I'd share a little teaser so you can see what's coming down the pike! Squeeeeee! Keep it tuned right here to the Power Poppy blog! This baby is going to be released sometime between the 20th and 25th! 


Check it out! 



With that little taste of wonderful thrown before you, I have a little bit more! A few of the Bloomies are on standby, ready to share the beautiful things they've worked on this week to brighten your day!  




And that, my friends, is it! We sure hope you've enjoyed this microdose of good vibes and that it jumpstarts your weekend with positivity! 


Until next time!


~Julie 


3 comments:

Ann said...

Thank you for this beautiful post! I love the quote you've selected as the prompt, but I also found myself impressed with the: Instructions for living a life. Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.
I guess that is why I became a teacher - later a parent - this is what is needed in both of those professions.

I also love the quote: God would be so dismayed if we were not dazzled at least 10 times a day.

So thank you Bloom Brigade and Marcy, for bringing this joy to my day!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

What a great post and yes, I have been looking at the quotes and one touched me. Breathe it all in, Love it all out.
I am a lungpatient and can't breathe as easy as a healty person but I can give everyone a lot of love.
Thank you all bloomies for your lovely cards and have a great weekend.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, what a joy to see the Bloomies on parade! Each card was fabulous! What an amazing team! And as to the quote, I love it and need to nurture myself a lot more than I do! Warm hugs and love, all! xoxo