Monday

Inspire Me Monday - Slow Down, Enjoy the Process


Hey everyone, welcome back to another Inspire Me Monday! Today I have some photos of my process painting up the new Clover and Pansies Digital Stamps!


I love Marcella's Digital images, they are always so detailed large and over the top, As most of you know I like to blow them up and crop them a little bit then paint them up with my watercolours. 

My biggest tip with this images is to take it slow, break it apart into smaller pieces, I did the darker leaves first. Then I went in and worked on the clovers. Enjoy the process of colouring these images up, not only is that good advice for getting these images to turn out the way you want. It is great for the mind to slow down and get lost in the painting process!


I was slowly working on different sections, allowing the layers to dry before adding more. Watercolours are great for making me take it slow, they thrive when you leave them alone and allow them to dry naturally. Layer up those pinks on the pansies, let the purple dry and dab in the yellow on those little flowers and watch it flow out into the white as it dries. Remember, as long as that watercolor paper is cool, it is wet, and as long as it is wet, the watercolor is still moving in the paper. 


Once the previous layer is dry, we go in with more colours, slowly adding and building it up. Like I said keep saying, take it slow, enjoy the process!

It all starts to come together and begins to work. breaking it down into smaller sections keeps it all from looking and feeling so overwhelming!


And once you get near the end you get to see all those parts together, and not looking like a million black lines of scariness! It is always so amazing to see it all come together, and look like one pretty little piece!

Thank you so much for stopping by and seeing what I created this week!

Hugz,
Jessie

7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Beautifully explained, Jessie! Your painting turned out absolutely gorgeous!

Christine Kiehl said...

yes, simply beautiful. and talented you are!

ednamburgess said...

I love your digital stamps but always have trouble downloading them. This is such a beautiful card that I had to buy it. I just bought one and can't get it to download again.

ednamburgess said...

Forget my complaint as just figured it out. It was me, I didn't do it right. Sorry. Anxious to try this one. Thank

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

What a wonderful post to read this morning (it's Tuesday for me) I almost could see you paint.
And your result us awesome, gorgeous colours with great depth.
Thank you so much Jessie for your great inspiration.

creatingincolors said...

I love this image and I love how you painted it!

CherylQuilts said...

What a gorgeous end result, Jessie, and I so agree about slowing it down. I need to do that, and it would help me to look at my coloring better and not feel as stressed. Great tips, sweet friend! You are so talented, and I love your watercoloring. Stunning card! Hugs and love! xoxo