Tuesday

Primroses and Auriculas are now in digital



Don’t fall out of your chair... but I am releasing Digis on the 5s on the actual 5th of the month. I know, it’s craziness. What’s even crazier? The cuteness factor of these new digital downloads.


I’m such a sucker for Primroses. Their colors, sweet shapes, interesting leaves, and cold-hardiness put them at the top of my early spring list. When I saw this gigantic table covered with them at Home Depot several weeks ago, I knew it was a sign. “Release the Potted Primroses clear stamp images as digital stamps!” I heard the message echo through the cavernous DIY den. And so, paired with all new sentiments, here we have ’em:


Primroses is a nearly 3" cluster of blooms and buds, displayed atop deeply etched foliage. I’ve included two thank-you themed sentiments, and then this wonderful little missive by Scottish poet George Macdonald:

Bountiful primroses,
With outspread heart
that needs the
rough leaves’ care.


See how the leaves are so rich and textural? They offer such a nice deep background to display the flowers. I have always swooned over this card by Christine Okken, above.


Auricula Theatre is the other digital release today, featuring Primula auricula plants, which have a single stem of blooms rising aloft over soft, springy leaves. 


Why the dramatic name for this stamp set? I was thoroughly inspired by the traditional British method for displaying these special primroses for show. Gardeners build shelves on which to show off the flowers in bloom. If you have a moment to Google: “auricula theatre” I can assure you of two things. One, you will want to build one of these structures and dedicate your life to growing precious, prize-winning primroses. Two, that is a lot of work, so maybe you can just download, print, and color some instead. Again, Christine Okken has wowed us with her card above, where she created her own little theatre (using the British spelling here to be proper... hehe).

I hope you enjoy our new offerings. 




6 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love this set, I have it in clear and just recently got it out because I kept seeing the pretty primroses in the grocery store.

blue10moon9 said...

I appreciate the extra effort to save your pretties as a digi stamp. Over the years I've collected a lot of stamp sets, and I'm out of storage room; except for the storage on a thumb drive. Happy Coloring!

Lisa said...

Fabulous sets!! I can't wait to color them up!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Pretty and unique designs!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

I just love your coloring.... and have a question. When you print your digital JPG files, what type of printer do you use... Laser maybe, if so which one if you don't mind telling me.
I just bough a new printer but my digital print outlines run into my water.... POOPY!
Would accept any help with this.

Chark said...

have you tried heat-setting your ink with an embossing gun?