Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Let's Take 10!


Hello Power Poppy Fans! Since we are in the thick of fall and a lot of us are still getting used to more structure and trying to enjoy this beautiful season, I thought we'd try to focus on a kind of card that we could ALL learn to create. What card is that? The quickie kind of cards that are fun to whip up but don't exactly look like you just took 10 minutes to assemble! And that, my friends, is what this week's Creative Confetti Challenge is all about! 


HOW TO PLAY: Create a card in a jiffy with a more clean and simple design -- one that's easy to mass-produce and can be created and mailed in the same hour! 

Let's get on to my creation! 


You can see above that my MISTI stamping tool and Power Poppy's Big Scripts stamp set (on sale now for $9.99)  are two things at the center of my 10-minute card. I also decided to focus on my colors - card stock, ink, embellishments - before I got to creating. I wanted to make sure that everything was a perfect match before I got creating. 


Once I narrowed that all down, I lined up my cardstock in the MISTI and then, after every color, I wiped off my stamp and moved my paper down three lines on my MISTI, keeping my paper vertically even as I went. These inks are all really old colors. Do you remember Vivid! ink? Well, I have the whole line with reinkers and I swear, I have had them for close to 20 years. I remember when I started stamping saving up to buy a few ink pads a month to build up my collection. ;-) Ahhh... memories!

Here's a closeup! You can see, when I was done with the linear stamping, I die cut my wonky rectangle and trimmed the coordinating cardstock to give me 1/8" around the outside. Add some decorative polka dot paper, add a sentiment from the Poppy XL clear set. Add some sequins and... ta da! Done!


This one is an easy peasy design that you can do in almost any color scheme to let a friend know that you are thinking about her! Sometimes the message is more important than the time it took to create a handmade card, don't you think?

So, why don't you try your hand at a quickie card and join me this week? Remember, each and every link up with our linky below is one more chance at a $25 gift certificate to the Power Poppy Shop! So, let's see what you've got!

Until next time!
~Julie

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

KathyA. said...

Thanks for the 10 minute challenge. I usually labor over my cards so making quick cards is really a challenge for me. But, I'm happy to try!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Gorgeous card Julie, I love the challenge and just finished a CAS card. Hope to put it on time on my blog and your link.
Thanks for the post and have a great day.