Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Pretty in Plaid!

Howdy all!  Happy Monday and welcome to another Inspire Me Monday!  I’m your hostess today, Allison Cope.

I do have to first apologize for my post being late.  Today is Thanksgiving Day here in Canada and I’ve had family here visiting all week so my crafty time was limited and I left my creative time until last minute.

Today we’re going to take about adding PLAID to all your creations! I don't’ know about you, but I LOVE plaid!  I could use it on my cards everyday!  I can be seasonally coloured, it can be bright and bold and subtle and soft.

For my first use of plaid, I have used my Copic Markers and have coloured in my rubber boot from the “Feeling Fall” stamp set using different shades of red, green and yellow.  Marcy’s image already indicates that these cute little fall wellies are covered with a plaid pattern so I went with it!  The grand sentiment on this card is from the “Chrysanthemum XL” stamp set.


Secondly, for your card creations try adding a fun plaid patterned paper.  Since my Mom, Mary, was visiting I persuaded her to accompany me in colouring and creating a card with me.  She chose the Autumn rubber boots image so I used the same stamp in my card too (above). She chose a sentiment from the “Under Glass” stamp set for her card.


And lastly, I wanted to create my very own plaid so I chose to work with the “Snuggle Down” stamp set which has 4 plaid making stamp images in it!  Brilliant right?!?!


I used a 1” wide masking tape and taped off stripes and inked them with Distress Oxide Inks first and then I added some of the striped stamped images over top to create that final plaid detail!  So cool!  I used the “Cabbage and Kale” stamp set to finish off my card.

So the next time you need some inspiration for your cards, think about using some PLAID!

Now go forth and create!  Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!

~ Ally ~

2 comments:

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

First I don't think you need to apologize, Thanksgiving and family go first, I hope you all had a wonderful time together.
Gorgeous cards Ally and yes I also love a beautiful plaid.
Great that you made a card with your mam, I love them both.
But my favorite is the last one where the plaid is the background, stunning. I sure have to remember this when I want something special on the background.
Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational cards and great post.

Chark said...

lovely work!