Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Black & White


Hi all and Happy Tuesday!  If you like creating cards with a wee bit of drama, then this week's Creative Confetti is just for you! Did you see the Inspire Me Monday tutorial I posted yesterday? Well, if you missed it, you can click HERE to check it out because, my friends, this is the basis for this week's challenge!

It's all about....



HOW TO PLAY: I'm actually going to give you a couple of ways to enter this week's challenge! First, you can give my tutorial a try by following the steps HERE. Or, you can choose to design a black and white card! Just that simple!

On to my creation! 


Just to give you a little bit of a glimpse into yesterday's tutorial, I showcased a super duper easy peasy way to create a graphic card with lots of visual punch! And, the MISTI stamping tool was key. If you keep your stamp positioned in this tool, it allows you to stamp overtop a previously stamped image, which opens up some different design possibilities, like the one I showcased! In a nutshell, you stamp the image, color it using a fine-tip black pen and then, situating it in the same way as when you initially stamped the image, stamp again using an embossing ink and heat emboss using a detail embossing powder. You get an embossed silhouette that is super quick, yet impactful! I started with the Power Poppy Vibrant Thanks stamp set for both my creations. Here's a closeup of both images!


Isn't that fun? I just love that sweet little flower. The sentiment I added is from Power Poppy's Lilac Time stamp set. 

Now for a closeup of that Zinnia after I stamped with Versamark and added that detail back in with white detail powder. I just love the depth! I also added a sentiment that I also heat embossed. The sentiment is also from the Vibrant Thanks set as well.


And here's one more look below at the finished cards and how I layered them up. I love that this technique delivers a design punch without a ton of effort. These cards took minutes to create and are the perfect way to create a little snail mail love in a jiffy!


So, will you give this technique a try? If you do, all you need to do is link your creation below and you'll be in the running for a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop! And, like I said you can skip the tutorial and simply make a bold and graphical black and white card -- that works too! So, get those fingers inky! I can't wait to see what you design!


Thanks for stopping by!
Julie 




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Awesome challenge Jullie, your cards are a great example.
Thanks for todays post and have a wonderful day.