Friday

Friday FunDay: Creativity to Reinvigorate Your Spirit


Hi everybody! Getting to my Friday Funday blog post a bit later this morning, as I’ve been outside playing in the plants, snipping off the buds of finished daffodils and tulips, and preparing to build willow-branch teepees for sweet peas. While I’m enjoying every minute outside, I do look so forward to getting back to my drawing table and creating images for you all to color. Soon, soon, friends, I promise. The ideas that have been welling up inside me are unstoppable and must be released!

This week I had an impromptu visit from a dear old friend who is also a talented photographer, Heidi Drexler. She shoots portraits, editorial and advertising, lifestyle, you name it, Heidi is awesome. So, what a treat to see my garden captured through her lens. If you’d be interested in seeing more photos from my garden, please visit Heidi’s blog HERE.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

So... I don’t know if you’ve been picking up on the fact that I keep referring to our design teams, the Bloom Brigade and the Instant Gardeners, as a “powerhouse”. I like this term so much, and think that it sums up their collective and individual strengths as card artists and designers. So much so, we’re going to officially change the name and combine our teams into: the Powerhouse.

Official announcement, new graphics, photos and re-introductions of everyone — all 20 of them!! — arriving forthwith. I thank my lucky stars every day that these women join me in working with my illustrations and lettering designs, and I know they inspire you just as much as they do me! Here are a few creations for this week compliments of the Powerhouse. I love each and every one!



Allison Cope | Gifts from the Sea digital




Broni Holcombe | Cuppa Cupcake digital


Leslie Miller | Wash Your Hands digital




Lisa Johansen | Springtime Love Roundel digital


Christine Okken | Peonies digital


Stacy Morgan | Follow Your Heart digital


Gloria Stengel | Well, Hello Dahlia digital



Jenny Colacicco | Saucer Magnolia digital

AND: Did you see Nancy Sheads’ tutorial this week? Filled with inspo and tips!


AND: Did you see Julie Koerber’s sketch challenge this week? You still have time to enter and maybe win $25 to spend at Power Poppy.


I feel completely invigorated seeing these cards created with true craftsmanship, care, and love. In the midst of the upheaval and fear in our world, a pocket of beauty created by beautiful, brave, kind and compassionate women. Bravo.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

THIS SATURDAY April 25, Amy Shulke is offering an awesome online livestream to help us bring my Tree Peony class to a level of sunshine-y stardom! DID YOU SEE Amy’s brilliant Artist’s Notebook/Inspire Me Monday post on this topic? LOADS of information, you guys. Like, seriously good stuff.



I’m also working with Alyce Keegan of Kit and Clowder for another new class very soon, so start sharpening those colored pencils and fill up those Copics... 
Be well, friends. XOXO

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Beautiful gardens you have! You have a natural talent. And your house is amazing! WIsh you would give us a tour of the inside. I bet it is every bit as pretty as the outside. Where do you live that all of your flowers are blooming already? So pretty!

Lagene said...

Gorgeous creations, I think you are right, your team is a POWER HOUSE of talent! Thanks for the link to Heidi's blog with her amazing photographs of your serene garden, what a sanctuary!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Ohh wow Marcella what a beautiful garden, I can imagen that i's a joy to walk and work in it.
I love the new name of you stunning DT Team, they are Power gils with there gorgeous cards so yes, all combined in the Powerhouse!
Thank you so much for your lovely post, stay safe and have a wonderful week.