Tuesday

Creative Confetti: Not a Card!




Hello friends and happy Tuesday! I have a fun little project to share and it's one that sparked this week's Creative Confetti Challenge (not the other way around!) I am not sure if you are in a family mask crisis but, at our house, we are! What do I mean by that? Well, I literally have made close to 100 masks since March and while I have given away 90% of them, my family is not at a loss. We have plenty. But, you know what? No one can remember to take one with when we venture out. I have three in my purse, two in my car, one in my workout bag but my family is another story. So, I decided to help refresh some memories here with this project! ;-) 

And, so we have this week's challenge!

HOW TO PLAY: This week's challenge is as simple as it sounds -- create something, just not a card! How easy is that?

On to my creation... (with the family mask crisis in mind!)


With a little digital manipulation, I created this sign above just for those friendly reminders! ;-) I used Power Poppy's digital stamp set, Cuppa Buttercups. NOTE: Due to demand, we’ve added this graphic to the Cuppa Buttercups digital download. Free if you’ve already purchased it, and now part of the whole set for just $5.



Inside this set is the sentiment, "What's Up Buttercup?" -- well, I wanted to replace the word "What's" with the word, "Mask". So, thanks to my eraser tool on PhotoShop Elements, I got busy taking out the word.


In its place, I added the word Mask in a block font (Festivo Letters) and I created it with a white font. From there, I added a super-thin "stroke" around the outside so that I would have the same outlined font that the word "Up" has.

 

Next, I opened up the floral cup in the set and removed the background using the Magic Eraser tool. From here, knowing that my cardboard was 8-34" by 3-1/2", I created my canvas to measure 1/2" less all the way around - 8-1/2 by 3". I knew I wanted to add a piece of decorative paper in between my sign and the base.

Then, I just layered all the elements on top, dragging and dropping until I got the right configuration! As you can see, I only used the tippy tops of the flowers. I wanted them to ebb and flow around the lettering and these little buttercup flowers did just that!

 
So, how did I create that silver backdrop without silver paper? I used one of my favorite tricks!


I dabbed Versamark ink all over the edges until I had at least 1/2" covered from the edge and then covered with silver embossing powder and then heat set.


Once I layered all my pieces, I added some silver grommets and then got to coloring! 


And, with the help of a hook and some Command Strips.... it's now hung on the door, ready to remind everyone who leaves to head out into the brave, bold world that they need a mask! ;-)


And there you have it my friends!

Want to join me this week? Simply create, post and then link up using the linky below! As we always say, if you get those fingers inky and play along, each and every link is an opportunity to win a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop!

Until next time!





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, my goodness, Julie!! After 6 months of this you would think we would all remember to bring our masks when we walk out the door, but no! My husband and oldest daughter always have theirs with them, but myself and my two younger daughters can never remember!! I have two in my purse, so if I have that I am good, but if I go somewhere without it, forget it! (literally) Your sign is gorgeous!! I hope it helps your family remember. : )

Gloria Stengel said...

So clever!!!!

Julie Koerber said...

Heather - if you want the file, I'll send it to you and you can remind yourself daily! ;-) Just email me at juliekoerber@gmail.com