Saturday

12 Days of Christmas - Day 5 Forest Fellas


 Hello everyone, and welcome to Day 5 of the 12 Days of Christmas!  It's Broni and I'm so happy to be here to share with you some Christmas cheer using the awesome new Forest Fellas from the recent Quiet Christmas release.


I am totally in love with this set!  All of these "fellas" are so fun to color and to play with. And I have a few cards to share with you today using them.

To start with, I used the Moose to create Christmas cards for all the young ones in my life.  Each year I create the same card for all 8 of them with just a little variation from card to card.



For each card I used a small portion of a stencil and some ink blending to create the small background panel. Each one is also outlined with sparkly glitter glue, with the same sentiment being stamped on each.  I colored and cut out each of the moose, adding glossy accents to all the berries and eyes.  They were popped up on the stenciled panel with some foam mounting tape.  Here are a couple of the individual cards.




And here's another shot showing all of the cards together.


Up next are a few birthday cards that I had already created and mailed to the recipients.  These fellas are perfect to send wintry birthday wishes.

I used the Owl for a couple of girl friends' cards.


The background is actually some wrapping from a makeup order that I received.  I loved the color and the sentiments on it and thought it worked well for birthday greetings. I framed a different sentiment on each of the cards, using the wreath die cuts.



And lastly I used the Bear for a masculine birthday card.  He is just perfect!



Like on all of the fellas, I used Copic markers, but for the bear I used the dotted method to mimic fur and I used some Copic blending solution on a rag to dab some of the color from the overalls creating a textured look.

See, I told you these guys were fun!

I used the clear set for all of my cards, but each of the Forest Fellas is also available in digital format.  Buy them HERE in the Power Poppy store.





Don't forget to check out the Power Poppy blog tomorrow for even more 12 Days of Christmas fun!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Broni


Don't forget to check out all the festive fun on our Day 1 post on the Power Poppy Blog, HERE.









30 comments:

Tina Z. said...

So creative and beautiful.

Esther Asbury said...

I love this "Forrest Fellas" set -- I bought the bear, but now I think I need to moose and owl!! Super cute cards!

Lisa K said...

Love the ideas! I have the owl. Super neat ideas for the forest friends.

Bonnie said...

I love this happy looking moose and you've done him up so well! Great birthday cards with the owls and that fantastic wreath and background! The embossed background works perfectly for this handsome bear! Love how you've colored him!

Ann said...

Lovely cards. The glitter glue is just right with the moose cards and your wreath with the owl is so pretty.

Barbara said...

This fun and good looking moose is great on all of these backgrounds. Thanks for the inspiration and a great post.

Kathy J in Ellicott City said...

Beautiful cards!

Cynthia said...

Love the Forest Fellas set. I bought the Bernard Bear digi ... may have to purchase the owl as well. Love the textured effect on the Bear.

Sandy Baggarly said...

I love these, they’re so cute! I can’t wait to see the fox too. He’s adorable!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Gorgeous card Broni and your Moose cards are super gorgeous.
That moose looks so sweet, I love him and it's my favorite animal from the Forest Fellas.
Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Barb said...

Your cards are so thoughtful and sweet, Broni! You've done an outstanding job showcasing this set. It's one of my favorites!

Heather said...

Those stenciled background look really cool!! And I LOVE the owl birthday cards; the colors are fabulous!

Gab said...

Your cards are so fun... this stamp set is the best!

Camille Short said...

WOW, you are amazing!

Debbie A Smith said...

Broni has created a great group of cards. Fav is the birthday card with the upcycled packaging. I use the same makeup.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards!! These Forest Fellas are amazing!!

AndreaH said...

wow perfect cards for mass producing. I love them all. ~Thank you for all the inspiration. X X X X

V. K. said...

Love all the different variations of the moose cards. Great coloring on them especially the bear. Forest Fellas are a great set to have.

Valerija said...

So creative and wonderful cards. Great job!
Valerija xx

Anonymous said...

what delightful cards - so FUN

GothBarbie said...

I love the use of mixed media looking background papers with the stamped images! I will certainly CASE that idea! Thanks for the inspo!

Nicola Gold said...

Oh the moose cards are so fun and would be perfect for anyone up here in Candada

Maryann scrapbooking said...

J'adore les cartes avec le moose et ses arrière-plans tous différents. Je les trouve sublime.
MaryannG

I love cards with the moose and its all different backgrounds. I find them sublime.
MaryannG

sewok said...

Really cute set of Moose cards. Love his expression.

Marianne said...

Love the set of CAS moose cards!

Dracowin said...

These are some of my favorite stamps and it's great to see them made into such beautiful cards!

LOU said...

Love all your moose cards Broni.
Also love the idea of using the owl for a Birthday card.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the background ideas and these awesome critters!

kReN said...

Love these critters! Great cards and colors! kReN@afourthlife

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is gorgeous