Sunday

12 Days of Christmas - Day 6 Enchanted Branches Nativity

 

Happy Holidays and Hello to all of you crafters! I am Barbara C here for some interesting ideas for your holiday gifts and cards. I have chosen the brand new stamp set from the Quiet Christmas Release.  It is called Enchanted Branches Nativity.  It comes in a polymer stamp with lots of images and a digital image Angel set. for your crafting pleasure. Visit the shop  here, https://powerpoppy.com/



       

I knew that I wanted to make some tags and this was how I started my ideas. First I did a rough sketch of how I wanted my tag to look. See the sketch with the arrow. I die cut a tag from Main Street Tags by Memory Box and stamped my image of the baby and the large star on masking paper. 
 

I wanted to make some clouds and sun rays and I ordered some stencils to help me do that, but with the mail being overloaded, they did not arrive in time.  Plan B!  Make your own stencils and it was not hard at all.  I had cut some small clouds in a piece of copy paper and also die cut some sun rays to help as a guide. You can do it too! 
Next, I masked off the baby in the manger and the large star and went to work with my sponges to create the clouds. 



Next, I put my handmade stencil for the rays over the tag and sponged yellow ink over until I was happy with how it looked.  Then I removed the masks. 



This is my finished tag on a gift bag.  I also used one of the enchanted branches embossed with gold powder on the bag. There is a sentiment from the set as well on the lower right. This would make a lovely Christmas card too. 

When I thought of making a tag, I went right to my tag dies. But if you don't have any of those, you can use any dies that you have.  The next set of tags are just that and I think that they are much more interesting and different. 


This one uses the angel from the set. 

Using oval and cross-stitched dies and a simple stamp looks so elegant.
It was quick and easy. 

For a more masculine or rustic look, I dry embossed a folder with a wood grain look



For this tag, I heat embossed the sentiment in Platinum.  Another quick and easy tag. 


This lamb image reminds me of younger days.  When we hung ornaments like this on the tree. 


We all need tags to make our gifts special, but I need Christmas cards too. 

I could not help myself, I had to make a card.  This one is for a masculine gift.  I simply used my cross-stitched square dies and cut several sizes. The middle one is just embossed with gold and the large star.  I love the CAS look.  


This slimline card was one that I did for the original release. 


I hope you'll try your hand at decorating a gift tag or card.  They make a gift look extra special.  

ALL DIGITAL STAMPS 20% OFF — NO CODE NEEDED 

and

10% OFF CLEAR STAMPS — USE CODE 12DAYS


Here is the best part. 


All details are on the Power Poppy Blog Day 1 

There will be more inspiration each day, but don't forget to check out the fun from Day 1.   
                                                                     

27 comments:

Cynthia said...

Beautiful tags, Barbara. I love the variety of tag shapes that you've used with the images. Thanks for sharing!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Wow Barbara, what a beautiful tags.
My favorite is the first one, that one is fabulous.
Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe and have a wonderful week.

Barb said...

Your tags are lovely, Barbara! This is a wonderful use of these images. Great idea!

Ann said...

Such pretty unique tags for your gift bags and card. I love the "Rejoice" sentiment.

Heather said...

Beautiful tags! I love the variety of the shapes you used!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful way to dress up your gifts!!

Lisa H said...

These are great tag ideas-very pretty!

Gab said...

these tags are so pretty

Camille Short said...

wow, these are very awesome, love the enchanted branches. They look great!!!


Debbie A Smith said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I often think of making tags but somehow I seem to never get around to making any.

Sandy said...

Pretty tags. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy J in Ellicott City said...

What a wonderful variety of tags.

V. K. said...

Brilliant to make your own stencils and they came out perfect. Love the first tag with the rays and clouds. A nice array of tags all wonderful.

AndreaH said...

I really need to make some tags and these look easy enough for me to try and replicate. love them all, I'm extremely pleased I do not have to pick a favorite 😀. thank you for the inspiration. X X X

Berina RGA said...

These are amazing tags!! Love them!

Valerija said...

Very beautiful tags. Love the images and shapes.
Valerija xx

Tina Z. said...

so beautiful and clever!

Anonymous said...

wow so many lovely creations - thanks for sharing

GothBarbie said...

Beautiful card and tags! I especially love the use of the clouds on the angelic card! That I will CASE for sure! : )

Nicola Gold said...

Your tags are so fun,, I especially love the woodgrain effect one

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Merci pour le tuto de colorisation.
Voilà de très très jolis tags de Noël, la Nativité.
MaryannG

Thank you for the coloring tutorial.
These are very, very pretty Christmas tags, the Nativity.
MaryannG

Dracowin said...

Very pretty tags and cards!

Sue said...

What a great set for tags.

LOU said...

Beautiful tags Barbara.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful tags with these pretty images!

kReN said...

Love these as tags. Wonderful projects! kReN@afourthlife

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

All gorgeous