Sunday

Inspire Me Monday: Forest Fellas featuring Bernard Bear

 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS POWER POPPY FRIENDS! Welcome to the last Inspire Me Monday post for the year - and what a year it has been! I'm Nancy Sheads and today I'm bringing you a project featuring the Forest Fellas Clear Polymer Stamp Set. This image is also available in the Forest Fellas: Bernard Bear Digital Stamp Set.

At this point, I'm ready to hibernate and wake up in the spring, but I don't think I can get away with that. I'm been so focused on creating holiday cards these past couple of months that I'm having a hard time switching to something else. 

I flipped through my stamps and half heartedly colored some daffodils but that just wasn't doing the trick for me. I didn't want to color more Christmas stamps, but I felt out of sync coloring spring flowers, especially since it's 25 degrees outside. 

Then I remembered that I had the Forest Fellas stamp set and Bernard Bear was just the thing to color. Wintery, and I could add a nod to the holiday season in the colors of his scarf.

First, let's take a look at this fun image! Bernard Bear with his overalls, fancy scarf and mug of his favorite hot beverage is sure to bring a smile to your face. He's part of a larger set of forest friends outfitted in winter garb featuring sentiments from Marcella and the entire Bloom Brigade. Bernard and his friends are also available as digital stamps in the Power Poppy shop.


Today's project features:


DIRECTIONS
  • Cut card base from from a heavy weight white cardstock to 4.25″ x 11″ and score at 5.5″ for a top fold card.
  • Cut pattern paper to 4" x 5.25"
  • Cut solid card stock to 3.25" x 4.5"
  • Cut white card stock to 
  • Stamp image on Copic compatible paper using a Copic friendly ink.
  • Color image (marker colors listed below).
  • Fussy cut image. Apply foam adhesive squares to back. 
  • Adhere pattern paper to card base.
  • Stamp trees and sentiment on white card stock strip as shown.
  • Adhere sentiment strip to solid cardstock and position on pattern paper as shown.
  • Adhere colored image as shown.
  • For the top border, I used a snowflake border die, but you could achieve similar results by positioning die cut snowflakes and trimming excess as needed.

In a year where hugging is problematic, sending a card with a warm bear hug is just the thing. 

If you missed any of the previous Inspire Me Monday posts, just click HERE to scroll through all the fabulous projects and.... get ready to be inspired! Thanks for stopping by!

SUPPLIES

STAMPS:
COPICS: E30, E33, E37 (bear); B24, B37 (overalls); R46, R59, BG93, BG96, BG99 (scarf); BV23, BV25, BV29 (boots)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Nancy! Bernard is my favorite from this set. I love the added trees to your sentiment panel.

cottagerca said...

Love this stamp set Forest Fellos. Well done DT.