Monday

Inspire Me Monday is Back!

Hello, flower-loving friends! The Power Poppy Bloom Brigade is happy to announce that Inspire Me Monday is back! The team will be sharing inspiration projects every Monday of each month. Plus, on the third Monday, Christine Okken will be sharing a MONTH-LONG CHALLENGE

Today is my day! I get to kick things off by sharing a project and some inspiration with you! 

Raise your hand if you are happy it is spring! Where I live spring is a strange season, swinging between 90 degree days and 60 degree days, with cold nights. (And by cold I mean it drops into the 40's.) We can have 89 degrees at noon and in the wee hours it is only 42! So strange! 

But, enough about the weather. Let's talk about spring themed projects with Christmas inspiration! Don't groan! I know....no one wants to hear about Christmas and winter right now! But, we all have those beautiful holiday stamps, papers, and dies that we never had a chance to use during the season, right? My favorite season and holiday is Christmas. I buy a lot of new things every year, and I never have time to use everything! Well, if you are in a creative rut, how about pulling them out and seeing if you can change them up to be used for a different holiday or theme?!!

I actually printed this image and sentiment for Christmas of 2020, I think! Then I never had a chance to color it! It was just sitting in a folder of other images that I had printed and never got around to! 

The image is from the Season's Greenings: Wreath Digital Stamp Set. The sentiment is from Season's Greenings: Wheelbarrow Digital Stamp Set. (These images are also included in the clear set Season's Greenings.) 
I printed the image at roughly 5" onto marker paper. I colored with Copic markers and a bit of gel pen. I loved the spring feel of the image, but I needed to get rid of the Christmas sentiment and add something...well...not Christmas-y!
I used a large circle die to cut out just the colored image. The circle is a bit large, and I did not have a suitable circle to use for a cardstock mat, so I used a black marker to "color" a black edge all around the circle. 

Pro Tip: To avoid your marker slipping and making a blotch on your project, hold the pretty side of your project facing away from you, and then run the marker around the edge. That way if the marker slips, the blotch will be on the back of the colored image, not the front! 
I chose bright, pale spring greens and soft, sweet pinks to color the image. I also changed the bird into a robin! I also used lots of spring colors for my card front. And, just like that, a Christmas image is now a spring image! (For a full list of markers, check out my personal blog.)
The finished card is 6" x 6" and fits perfectly into a square envelope. I used a die cut sentiment to turn this card into a birthday card, but you could use any sentiment you wish.  

Thanks for joining us for Inspire Me Monday! Make sure to come back every Monday to see new inspiration!

Power Poppy Products Used:

Season's Greenings: Wreath Digital Stamp Set


Other Products Used: Copic markers, gel pens, cardstock, printed paper, die cut circle, die cut sentiment, adhesive




9 comments:

Nancy Sheads said...

Yay for the return of Inspire Me Monday! Great card Gloria!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

It's a gorgeous card Gloria and indeed why not use the awesome Christmas images in an other season.
I'm so very glad you're back and I hope you are all well, can't wait to see all the beautiful inspirations.
Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful wreath colored perfectly! Love the entire design! YAY! So happy to see you back....you have been missed! xo~

Barbara said...

This is a great post not only seeing Power Poppy back, but your card is so creative and I can't wait to see more.

Lisa K said...

So thrilled to see you back! I have missed seeing new activity on the blog. Love this card!! So springy. I'm thinking of getting this set and giving your idea try.

ChristineCreations said...

Gloria! I love this idea. You’ve totally made this stamp set say spring! It’s adorable! :)

Cynthia said...

So glad to see the Power Poppy Team back! Beautifully colored wreath and perfect for any occasion.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

So glad you’re back! Beautiful card!

KathyA. said...

A few days ago I was thinking how much I missed you and your team. So... this news brightened my day. No, that's not true. It brightened the whole month!