Monday

The Blossom Challenge: Bring Those May Flowers

Hello Power Poppy Friends!  

We’re so excited to welcome you here today and to invite you to our NEW Monthly Challenge!  I’ll be your host (Christine), but each month I’ll be joined by some of our Power Poppy Bloomies bringing you inspiration with the challenge. 

It’s called The Blossom Challenge!  As I’ve been thinking about the challenge, my heart keeps coming back to this theme of “Blossom”.  Yes, of course the flower allusion, thats the beauty of Power Poppy, but also to Blossom in the sense of growing and thriving as creators, becoming more abudant in our abilities .......and sometimes that means we need a spark of inspiration, a push to try something new, a place that celebrates what we’ve done, and how we’ve grown.  I want this to be a place to feel proud of our creative gift, in a Power Poppy Community that cheers one other on!  So thats what youre going to find here each month at Power Poppy, and we hope you all join in!

This month our theme is “April Showers Bring May Flowers”.  We want you to pull out all of those lovely Spring blooms that Marcy illustrates so beautifully and create anything with them.  More on the theme, and prizes later in the post, but first I’ll start with the card I created.  

Heart Abloom is one of my favourite illustrations from Power Poppy!  I love the composition of the images, the combination of daffodils, narcissus, hellebore, tiny lilies and the fun blueberries and snail!  Its sister set in polymer is called Always Here (still available!). I really enjoy picking unique palettes for my colouring and when I found a fun peachy-yellow hellebore that helped me decide on these fun colours together.  That’s one of my #1 tips for colouring, do some research on your flowers first.  Find some inspiration and build a cohesive colour palette from there.  


The colouring is done with Copic Markers, with details added in with Prismacolor Pencils.  Trimmed out carefully and placed on this pretty ombre patterned paper, with paper ric-rac and a scalloped frame helps keep the emphasis on the beauty of the flowers.  I delight in how fresh and fun it is and how much I enjoyed colouring it!

So....here are the details about the Challenge!


1.  You must use a Power Poppy image somewhere on your design.  It could be a stamp, digi, sentiment, Power Poppy freebie, or a background, but we want to see you using your Power Poppy images.  Those will be the cards entered for our monthly prize. 

This month we want to see your Spring flowers, think tulip, daffodil, narcissus, hellebore, hyacinth, primrose, snow drop, crocus, and cherry blossoms for your creations.  Let’s leave those summer blooms for a few months from now :)  

Marcy has generously discounted some of our BEST Spring themed images by 25% OFF so you can play along!!   You are not limited to these sets, but what an awesome sale!  

Click here to see the discounted sets this month:



2.  There will be a monthly PRIZE for playing along!  Sometimes it will be a random draw, and other times it will be a Bloomie Favourite winning design.  Winners will receive a $20 Gift Card to the Power Poppy store!  This month’s Challenge will be open until NOON on June 17th.  

Here is more inspiration for our April Showers Bring May Flowers from the Bloomies!

Barbara C

Lisa J

Gloria

Essie

and Christine

Enter to win using our Linky below!  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to ent

13 comments:

Darlene said...

Gorgeous inspiration from the team!

Marcella Hawley said...

I couldn't be more tickled that you are starting the challenges again, Christine - it's like the enthusiasm and desire just welled up and our souls are blossoming with color and creativity. THANK YOU!!! Your card is beyond my dreams... the color choices, the detail, the lush loveliness of every decision!! I think I might make a card for the challenge, you have my wheels turning!

Nicola Gold said...

At a time when many challenges are closing down, I am glad to see yours starting up again. Lovely inspiration ladies

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

So happy that the Bloom Brigade is back with all there awesome inspiration.
What a great way to start again Christine I love your beautiful colouring and colours in this gorgeous bouquet.
Thank you so much for sharing and for organizing the challenge.
Stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Christine, I'm so thrilled the Power Poppy challenge is back, the inspiration from all of you amazing Blommies is amazing, thank you so much for sharing that with us.
I got my card in there and I will make a couple more, Marcella's images are just a joy to color, thank you, Marcy.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria Rodriguez.

Camille Short said...

Welcome back! I've missed the inspiration from the challenges. Fun to have them back!

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful inspiration! Would love to join in sometimes as I have several of Marcella's beautiful stamps! I am wondering is there a limit as with how many other challenges we can combine? I am asking because I like to share my cards with lots of challenges (as there are so many "anything goes".) And thought I'd ask so I don't break any rules :)

KathyA. said...

I've missed your challenge so much. It always inspires and thrills my soul. So glad to see you back!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellibelle, Our only rules on this challenge are spring flowers and a Power Poppy stamp somewhere on the design. :).

Leslie Miller said...

I'm happy to see the return of a Power Poppy challenge. Any activity from Power Poppy is a welcome sight. This "Blossom Challenge" is perfect in the meanings you described. Thank you Christine!

Dawn H said...

I love that you now have challenges. I got my card uploaded. Is there a limit to how many times you can enter?

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards ladies, I'm so happy to see PP challenges are up and running again

Cynthia said...

So excited to see Power Poppy back up again! We've missed you all. Lovely inspiration from the Bloomies.