Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Celebrating Cheryl

 

Hello friends! Lisa here hosting another edition of Inspire Me Monday and this week we have a very special theme. Last week the Power Poppy family lost a kind, beautiful soul when Bloomie Cheryl Scrivens was called to her Heavenly Home. Cheryl was known for her sweet comments, the wonderful encouragement she gave to so many and for her deep faith. What better way to honor such a fabulous soul than with an Inspire Me Monday that CASE's Cheryl's Power Poppy creations.


CASE Cheryl

Cheryl created so many wonderful projects that I had a hard time narrowing it down to one. Because we have leaves changing and fall is in the air here in southcentral Alaska I decided to CASE her card that features the digital set Painting Pumpkins.

Cheryl's Painting Pumpkins Card


When CASE'ing this card I used the general layout but switched from a square card to an A2 size. When choosing my patterned paper I wanted to use contrasting designs like Cheryl did and I tied them together with a brown strip of cardstock across the middle.  I love how she created her own designs on the pumpkins with a sentiment and hand drawn "doodling" (as she called it) but I decided to leave mine plain.

Here are some more of  Cheryl's creations:





For this Inspire Me Monday we would love to see your cards that have been inspired by Cheryl. Please feel free to share your links in the comment section, and if you'd like to share your memories of Cheryl we would love that also.








4 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Beautiful Lisa! This is lovely and a touching tribute to Cheryl!

Cynthia said...

I am so sorry to hear of Cheryl's passing. Prayers of comfort for her family! Beautiful inspiration from Cheryl. Thanks for sharing, Lisa.

Gloria Stengel said...

What a lovely tribute to our sweet Cheryl. The Bloomies will miss her sweet, gentle spirit. We all send our love and prayers to Cheryl's family.

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea that Miss Cheryl was sick! I am so sorry to hear of her passing. I've always loved her cards and designs. May she rest with Him in His comforting arms.