Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Recycled Creativity

 


HEY FRIENDS! I'm back this week with another edition of Inspire Me Monday. If you're like me, you're already working on your holiday cards. I love making Christmas cards - in fact, the reason that I even started down this road was because I wanted to make my own holiday cards. But I don't like to mass produce cards and get really bored making the same card multiple times. So I have to start early if I'm going to produce enough unique cards to send out to friends and family this winter. 

However, my creative mojo has been seriously tested this month. My husband -- who I've lovingly nicknamed Typhoid Scott -- managed to infect both of us with Covid earlier in the month. We both had mild cases, but the fatigue lingered for days after I tested negative. And just when I was starting to feel like myself, I tested positive again with a rebound case. I'm mostly asymptomatic, but I'm back in isolation for five days.

So I'm slowly getting back into my studio and managed to completed a few projects. When I thought about this week's Inspire Me Monday post, I decided to make it easy on myself and do two things that I'm calling "recycled creativity." First, I picked an image that I've colored before -- the Season's Greenings: Planta Claus Digital Stamp Set. And second, I reused a card layout from a project I finished earlier in the week. This way I could have some fun in the studio without stressing out about color schemes, techniques, or card design. 

If you’re unfamiliar with digital images, here is a video I did for Power Poppy illustrating how I print digital images. Once the image was colored (see marker list below):

  • Trim the image panel to 2-3/4 x 4-3/4 inches. Stamp the sentiment from the Season's Greenings Clear Stamp Set along the bottom as shown using Versafine ink. Apply craft foam or foam tape to the back for dimension.
  • Trim a piece of design paper to 3-1/2 x 5-1/8 inches. Adhere to a A2 cardbase, offsetting the design paper to the right side of the card as shown.
  • Stamp a sentiment from the Cozy Cupfuls Stamp Set using Versafine ink along the left side as shown. 
  • Glue the image panel in place as shown, again offsetting it to the right side of the design paper.
If you need some help with the Copic coloring, I created a coloring tutorial to guide you.


So that's it for me today. See you next month!

Nancy

SUPPLIES

COPICS: E000, E00, E21, R20 (skin); BV00, W1, W3 (beard); R35, R37, R39 (hat, pants, and gloves); BV0000, BV000, 0 (shirt); BV23, BV25, BV29 (boots); BV23, YG03, YG17, YG67 (tree); R35, R37, R39 (ornaments); B24, B26, B39 (pot); R21, R22, E33, E35, E37 (bird)

No comments: