Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Holiday Inspiration - Sneak Peak!

 

HEY FRIENDS! Welcome back to Inspire Me Monday! Just a quick post from me today. In case you haven't noticed, new holiday digis will be arriving soon at Power Poppy. Marcella has some new and refreshed vintage designs that will be hitting the shop shortly so keep an eye out for their release.

I'm always delighted when new images are released because they're like a shot of adrenaline when my creative mojo is low. There's something about NEW that just gets the creative juices going. Plus Christine has been hosting the Blossom Challenge - this month's theme is "Gold, Silver, and Shimmer" so you can see how new holiday digis can get the wheels turning.

So this month, I thought I'd inspire you with a sneak peak of one of the new releases - this one is called Blankets and Bells. It's been chilly in my studio the past few days so coloring wool blankets was really appealing!

So here's my card:


As usual, I used lots of Copic markers. I used to be embarrassed by the fact that I used so many markers on my card, but when you have 358 markers, you tend to use them all! In all seriousness, for me, it's the only way to get depth and dimension as well as all of the variation of colors and color palettes to range from bright red ribbons to muted wool blankets. 

Now I have to tell you that I forgot to take process photos. To be honest -- between the ribbon, those bells, the lantern -- this card took all of my brainpower and it never occurred to me to take any work in progress photos. At the same time, I have to tell you that it felt good to be able to slide into that level of concentration. In a fast moving, loud and always changing world, there's a lot to be said for taking the time to shut it all out and just color!

That's all from me today! See you again soon!

Nancy

SUPPLIES

COPICS
  • Ribbon: R17, R27, R46, R39 
  • Leaves: G20, G24, G28
  • Bells: T0, T1, T3, T5, T7
  • Lantern interior: R01, YR02, Y32, Y35
  • Reindeer: C9
  • Lantern: C3, C5, C7, C9
  • Top blanket: R17, BG90, BG93, BG96, W1, W3, W5
  • Middle blanket: BG72, E42
  • Bottom blanket: B91, B95, E13, E30, E50
  • Cast shadows: BV20, BV23, N1, N1, N3


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is beautiful, Nancy. Sweet new set.

Camille Short said...

A stunning card, love the blankets!