Monday

Inspire Me Monday - multitasking!


Hi there! Dina here for another Inspire Me Monday!

It's summer and we've been running quite a few different directions this month. With some extra stamping projects on my plate as well, I've been trying my best to make my projects do "double duty". Sometimes a card will fit two challenges or more... in the case of this card, I made one image into two cards!


I love coloring floral images, and this Countryside Bouquet image has been one of my favorites to color. With the digital stamp option, I was able to resize the image in Word so it spanned a piece of cardstock. I angled the image slightly so the stems would fall to the center. Below you can see the color setting I chose to be able to print the image in a light grey.


Here's the image printed out - I used Touch Twin Markers to color it all in! (For a list of the colors I used, see my blog post HERE.) I knew that one of the finished cards would need to be a sympathy card for a friend in our church, so I used a very soft and muted palette.


When the coloring was done, I cut the image into two 4" x 5.25" panels.


To add some texture to the background of my image, I did some stenciling with a piece of drywall tape, which you can find at any hardware store. I scribbled some marker on a ceramic tile and lifted the ink with a waterbrush which I keep filled with rubbing alcohol. Using the brush, I dabbed the ink over the taped area, around the outline of the flowers. It's a subtle look but it breaks up some of the white background and adds a little texture and shadow to the image.


Another touch I often add to my cards is a scored line around the edges of the panel. Because this panel was large, I scored two lines.


I love the result! What do you think?


What are your tips for multitasking?
Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a stunning project and we get two for the price of one - lol! Thanks, Dina, for these awesome tips!

Becky said...

wow, this is just stunning.

Leslie Springer said...

Just Gorgeous. Thank you for the tips.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Dina, I LOVE multi-tasking, and this is a fabulous idea! What a beautifully soft image once you changed the color and your stunning coloring! And I really like the idea of adding some texture with the drywall tape. Thank you! Each is beautiful! (Now to see more on your blog!). Hugs!

Joan B said...

gorgeous!!

luvhymns said...

Your work is STUNNING! And I drool every time I see it. This project is no different. God has gifted you with a talent that you have taken and practiced and practiced with ideas that abound and it shows.

Karen W said...

These are just gorgeous!! I love how soft and elegant this is.

Conniecrafter said...

very creative idea to get two cards out of one image, love your texture idea and the scoring just frames it nicely!

Liz Williams said...

This is awesome, Dina! Thanks so much for sharing how you did it.

Barbara said...

Dina, You have inspired me to the moon! This is the best thing since sliced bread! Seriously!
Thanks so much for sharing.

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dina!!! I love this super soft look! And, great idea to create a large image and cut it in half -- it's even prettier super-sized!!

Leslie Miller said...

Dina, I thought this was gorgeous the first time I saw it and now I'm even more inspired. I love the soft colors. LOVE! Very cool idea with the drywall tape, which I do have in my stamp room. Never thought of using it as a stencil. I also like the idea of alcohol in the waterbrush. Thinking I would like to give that a try. Thanks for such great ideas and inspiring beauty!