Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mums, pumpkins, kale, and ...


Still Life with Batman
2011

When the mums and pumpkins come out... so do the superheroes! I arranged fall goodies on the front porch a few years ago, digging the color scheme and how it was all coming together. After a few days, most of the maple leaves from our giant tree blanketed the steps, which was just so pretty and peaceful and enchanting. I grabbed my camera-phone to capture the beauty, and next thing I knew, a caped crusader had plunked himself into the center of my display, looking well chuffed.

I appreciate these moments like crazy!! I am giggling just thinking about it. And my little Batman can hardly fit in that once-way-too-big costume anymore. :)


2 comments:

  1. Well doesn't Mr. Finners look like he's ready to take on the world's dark forces for good? Love that smirk -- that boy looks like he's always ready to stir up a bit of fun! ;-) Thanks for sharing this darling photo -- love the arrangements of pumpkin, mums and kale -- so colorful, so fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Marcy, what a beautiful arrangement of fall!! And what a cutie!! Yes, in three years he surely has outgrown that Batman costume!! What fun and precious memories! Hugs, sweet friend! Thanks for sharing this one!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I love to hear what you’re thinking and I read and appreciate each and every note!

~marcella