Wednesday

Gettin' Ready to BLOOM & GROW

Hello Power Poppy fans! Did you know something beautiful is about to sprout at the Power Poppy Shop? It’s something that’s sure to bring out the nature-lover in each of us and help us cultivate our creativity — INSTANTLY! What on earth are we talking about?! Well, here’s the dirt!

On the 15th of EVERY MONTH, we’ll share a
new plant for your Instant Garden! 

What is an Instant Garden? It’s the new digital stamp collection from Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley. You can buy, download, print, and color the digi images with reckless abandon — in an instant! Digital stamps are nothing new to Power Poppy, but goodness gracious, since we introduced them in the summer of last year, you haven’t stopped asking Marcella for MORE! We listened! And now, we are dreaming up new images, planting them, watering with love and waiting for them to sprout each month!

Join us TOMORROW to see what will be blossoming for January’s Instant Garden offering...

With every garden, you need special people to nurture it and help it to grow. That’s why we'd love to introduce you to an amazingly talented team of Instant Gardeners a.k.a. our digital stamp design team. These women honestly need no introduction. They are household names and their talent and creativity are beyond description! We’re so excited to introduce:

• • • THE INSTANT GARDENERS • • •


It is Jennifer Dove here to tell you a little about myself. I am 44 years old, married, and mom of two boys 18 and 20, and a wee little one — a girl born September 18th, 2014. When I am not being a full time mom, I am being a creative color artist. I am a heavy equipment operator by trade. I moved to Arizona from Alaska where I have kept myself very busy teaching classes. I have been published in numerous magazines and Copic books as well as have two fun learning videos on coloring with Copic markers through Annies Attic Publishing company. I’ve recently been hired as a Fine Arts Instructor for Copic. I love being apart of this team, as there are such amazing images and a wonderful group of talented ladies. I know you will fall in love with them too, if you haven't already. You can keep an eye on my coloring and tutorials at: just4funcrafts.blogspot.com


Hello, it’s Broni Holcombe, I’m a mother to 2 lovely daughters, and a Nana to 3 handsome grandsons and an adorable granddaughter. I live in beautiful South Carolina, where I’m an accountant by day for a major beverage distributor. I spend as much of my non-working time as possible in the papercrafting world…either creating, or sharing and learning online. I started stamping in 2005 and was honored with being chosen as a member of the Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen design team 2 years later. Coloring is my passion, and Copic markers are my preferred medium, but I still enjoy my first love of watercolor quite often as well. When I’m not crafting or online, you can find me playing with the grandchildren, kayaking, swimming, or planning my next trip to the beach! For more of my designs, visit me at: bronih.typepad.com/splashesofwatercolor


Hello, Cheryl Scrivens here! My wonderful husband Walt and I have lived in South Florida for nearly 27 years, and we have three sons, two daughters-in-law, and two grandsons. I have been a crafter since I was a child – from sewing to stained glass and lots more in between. Now my craft room is now totally dominated by stamping. My favorite images are floral, which is why I love ALL of Marcella’s artwork dating back to Flourishes and now to Power Poppy. Whenever I feel stressed, I put on beautiful music, and color away! I also have a love for anything to do with technology, and I totally love digital images, being able to resize, easily mask, and finding all sorts of wonderful ways to use them. I especially love that they are delivered instantly! In April 2014, I was honored to be a Dirty Girl on Splitcoaststampers. It is such an honor to join this amazing group of “Instant Gardeners,” and I look forward to sharing with you in the months ahead as Marcella delights us with her beautiful artistry! You can find my blog at: cherylquilts.blogspot.com



Hello! I’m Rhea Weigand, I am a stay-at-home wife to my best friend, Jeff, and a color artist, designer, and instructor. We recently moved from Phoenix to Central New York so “Hubs” could enjoy a position as an Ad Director. We are enjoying small town living and the country life. I have to say, the Finger Lakes region is a beautiful place to live. As for creating, I consider it a blessing as I get to play every day! I've always been creative - from wood working and painting and crocheting to paper arts. I try not having a particular “style” although a few of my students will call it “fussy” due to all the details. I’m self-taught on all of my crafts - researching, reading and watching videos to understand. Then, I put my own spin on the technique. I hope I can bring you lots of inspiration! Visit me at: passionatepapercreations.blogspot.com


Hi from Danielle Kennedy! Taking care of two boys, ages 11 and 9, can sometimes seem a challenge...they definitely keep me on my toes! We are always running around to various sporting activities and school functions. As the weather warms up I love to walk, run, ride my bike, and hike with my family. My husband and I have always hiked with the boys, even before they could walk on their own, and instilled a love of nature and the outdoors. One of my favorite getaways is to take weekend excursions with my fellow photographers and head north to the Adirondacks. My favorite photography is nature; landscapes, wildlife, and macro. Landscapes don't talk back. Or move. Great subjects! So, when I am not going in 10 different directions or at 100 miles per hour, sipping a glass of wine and enjoying a quiet evening at home with my husband, dog, cat, various small animals and reptiles, oh, and maybe the kids, is one of my most favorite things to do! It's a crazy, fun, full of love (and animal hair) kind of household and I wouldn't trade it for the world. For more on my designs, visit me at: wilddragonflydesigns.blogspot.com


Hello there from Debbie Olson! You could call me a designer with a passion for teaching. While my background is in graphic design and education, teaching paper crafting has proven to be a natural outlet for me to fulfill the creative urge on a time-budget. I have been privileged to work with many industry leaders, including several stamp companies, plus paper and accessory companies. I also travel all over the country as one of the design and education team members for Copic products. During my non-paper crafting free time, I play piano, work with stained glass, and I enjoy spending time with my husband and my teenage son in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. For a look at my designs, you can visit me at debbiedesigns.typepad.com

So, there you have it — our amazingly talented 
team of digital green thumbs! 

Join us back here tomorrow to see our first Instant Garden image and see what our “Special Ops” team of Instant Gardeners did to make it blossom and shine! Then on Friday, our beautiful Bloom Brigade will show you their take on our new digi release. See you back here soon!

14 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow! What a fabulous team and I am looking forward to the new digis!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Congrats to all the instant gardeners! You have a rockin' talent-filled team on board!

Misti said...

Woo Hoo!!! How very exciting!!! Can't wait to see what these fabulous gardeners have in store for us!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Woot Woot!!! So excited to see the Instant Gardeners are here!!! Congrats girls!!!

Katie Sims said...

Oooooooo, Mercy! I CANNOT wait to see what these incredibly talented ladies will create for our inspiration each month. So very happy to have all of you in our Bloomin' Family! :)

Bev Gerard said...

With such a wonderful team, it's bound to be a delightfully beautiful "garden"! Start smiling, everyone! Way to go!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm VERY excited to see what beauties our fabulous Instant Gardeners cultivate! Welcome ladies!

Grace said...

WooHoo!!! What an exciting line up of talent!!! Looking forward to seeing all the beauty the instant gardners will come up with along with all the gorgeous Power Poppy florals we all love so much!!!

BeckyTE said...

What a fabulous team of gardeners. Can't wait to see what each one cultivates for us.

Charmaine said...

Fabulous group of gardeners. I have followed some of them for a while now. Can't wait to see all of the beautiful creations they will make with Power Poppy flowers. Oh by the way...yea for the digis. I love digital stamps.

Kathy Jones said...

WOOHOOO!!!! Welcome girls!! Can't wait to see your beautiful creations!

Lagene said...

Gongratulations ladies! Looking forward to all of your inspiration!

Lisa Lara said...

Now that is a talented team, Wow. I love Power Poppy digis. The most beautiful around.

Ravengirl said...

Wow, what a team!