Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Gift Sets (part one)

Good morning Peeps! Stacy here, with my first Power Poppy Inspire Me Monday. I am excited to be here today! I am going to sharing with you a quick gift box to display the beautiful creations you make for gifts. So grab a cup of coffee or tea and relax for a bit.



For those that have seen my name, you are aware that gift sets are very popular with me. Often I am asked how my gift sets are wrapped for the recipient. That really depends on who I am giving a gift set to, in all honesty. Several of my “go to” wrappings are gift boxes. One of my more typical is the standard box that I will share with you today. The wrapping doesn’t have to be complicated, it really can be easy peasy. There is always room for elaborate design for those “special gifts” that we can look at later. For now we’ll go with easy peasy. Let’s get started.


Supplies: Scissors, score tool, adhesive, stamp set, 2 pieces of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock solid or designer paper.


Step 1: Lets work with the base of the box first. Cut the first sheet of card stock 6 1/2" wide x 8 1/2" long. Score at 1 inch on all four sides of card stock as shown.


Step 2: Cut the 1 inch score line at the four corners as shown. These will adhere to the inside of the box to form the sides.


Step 3: Add adhesive to each of the tiny tabs and adhere to the inside of the box. This shows with one end formed.


Here is what you should have when all sides are adhered. Set this aside and let’s work with the lid for the box.



Step 4: For the lid, which is slightly larger than the base of the box, cut the second piece of card stock 6 5/8" wide x 8 5/8" long. For those like me who are “mathematically challenged” (ha ha) see the photos for card stock placement above. Score as you did in Step 2, at 1 inch on all four sides. Repeat Step 3 to form box sides.


Step 5: Here is the gift box ready to be decorated and displayed. A nice touch for the inside of the box is add a decorative piece of paper to the bottom so when they use all the cards they have a pretty interior left behind. Also gives them a great way to store other treasures and re-use the beautiful gift.


My finished gift box. Just a few simple layers of card stock and designer paper for the lid base. I stamped the Simply Camellias on white card stock and colored the blooms with various Copic markers. Die cut with a Spellbinders Oval shape that is layered on a green base decorative oval shape. Before adhering this to the lid, a few flourishing jewel decorations were added. Stamped my sentiment, added a butterfly, and voila!


Over the last few weeks, I’ve shared some of the coordinating cards that I made to fit into the box—here is a recap of  a few creations! Our April collection was the perfect springy idea for gift set that I wanted to create using the Daffodils, Lilac Time and Simply Camellias. They are similar in design which is what I adore about matching gift sets. Now we have a beautiful box and a wonderful gift hidden inside.






This box size can also accommodate other tiny gift ideas you might like to add, such as a coordinating book mark, tiny journal or note pad, chocolates etc. Don’t get me started on all the goodies you can put into this box. ;-)

Thanks for joining me today and hopefully this inspires and encourages you to give it a try. Have a wonderful day!

Stacy  :-)

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I always love your tutorials and really love this gift box for your cards! Beautifully done with the decorative top, and what gorgeous cards inside!! Thanks for sharing, and I hope to see you share more on Inspire Me Monday!! Woohoo, sweet friend! Hugs!

Earline said...

Beautiful made love it thanks

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Beautiful gift set, Stacy. I don't really deviate much from cards, but this is very inspiring:) thanks for the great instructions:)