And yet, we usually don’t think of the everyday as contenders for the best day ever. And honestly, even though regular days are often fantastic, they seem to have little bumps along the way to mess it all up... computer viruses, bickering children, stressful situations at work, health problems, traffic jams, you see where I'm going with this. We then turn to vacations, weekends, or holidays to give us some of that boomin’ best day ever potential!
I’ve designed a set that celebrates the getaways, the blissful lounging moments, the beautiful friends we gather with for weekend catching-up sessions, the beachy strolls, and best of all, the exhilaration that comes from experiencing the urge to shout out to the world, “THAT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!”
Let me show you one of my best days ever...
1. We wake up before the sun and are on a tropical island. Winning!
2. We emerge in pajamas from an adorable retro cottage named after a Tiger’s Eye seashell. Mom has coffee in hand with perfect amount of cream and sugar.
3. We find seashells piled so abundantly high all along the beach, we walk hunched over in a “stoop” posture sifting through every handful. There are so many good ones, we can throw back the less than perfect ones that on a typical vacation would be the fanciest finds.
4. We allow Mom to take many, many photos without fussing at her to stop taking so many photos.
5. You know, like this photo right here.
6. We come back to the adorable cottage and organize all the seashells for hours on the floor, while snacking on pineapple and mangoes and sandwiches from the local market. We are so busy and having so much fun, we all get along swimmingly! Have we found paradise?
7. We play in the sand all afternoon. We even let Mommy read a good book she brought just for the trip without interruption for an entire chapter. We do not let sand get in her Diet Coke.
8. We take an outdoor shower and giggle the entire time because, hey, we’re taking a shower outdoors! That’s nuts!
9. We order the big seafood platters at our favorite local restaurant and even get ice cream sundaes for dessert, then finish our day where we started it, on a tranquil beach, soaking up the beauty of our marvelous world. Best. Day. Ever!!!
Like I said, there are sooooo many ways to define the best day ever, and I’ve designed a stamp set that focuses on some of the wonderful feelings of the lazy, lovely, relaxing, vacation-y summer lifestyle! Wanna see?
Best Day Ever features three large images and 9 sentiments to create cards for all kinds of occasions, whether you’ve gone to the beach or not! Come peek at the Bloom Brigade’s blog posts for today and take in all the colorful punch and happy feelings they’ve captured in their creations. You know, I thought it was that beachy seashell vacation, but now I’m starting to wonder if THIS is the best day ever!
See you back here on Monday - when everything is available in the shop and we have a giant celebratory blog hop with the ENTIRE TEAM showing off ONE MORE CARD from the Cultivate Love Collection. Can ya stand it?!